PLYMOUTH, Wis., Dec. 2, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a study conducted by the American Psychological Association, holiday stress has a significant impact on women, who often take the lead in planning holiday celebrations and decorations.(1) With all of the additional holiday responsibilities, 69 percent of women surveyed identify lack of time as the leading stress increaser, and only 27 percent report the ability to relax during the season at all.
No one understands the challenges of holiday entertaining better than celebrity chef, best-selling author and event planner Lulu Powers. As a chef to Hollywood's top stars, Powers knows smooth entertaining means the perfect balance of preparation and innovation – both on the menu and in the decor.
"Holiday entertaining can be one of the most stressful types of events to host," admits Powers. "As I tell my celebrity clientele, the key to success is selecting unique, yet convenient, recipes that don't sacrifice taste. This leaves a host plenty of time to dazzle guests with event details that complement the delicious food."
To help Americans host inspired holiday events this year, Powers partnered with Sargento Foods Inc. to create two premium recipes: Apple Cheddar Rye Puffs and Parmesan Pea Dip. Both specially created recipes feature Sargento Artisan Blends, which are handcrafted Artisan cheeses combined with Sargento premium shredded cheeses. Sargento Artisan Blends are one of Powers' go-to entertaining ingredients because of their old-world taste with easy preparation—perfect for holiday occasions and making every day meals more special. Like all Sargento premium cheeses, Artisan Blends are never processed and always made from 100 percent natural cheese to ensure authentic quality and taste in every recipe.
Each recipe was designed specifically with the holidays in mind and is perfect for any seasonal gathering, no matter the size. Powers also offers these tips to ensure memorable holiday entertaining:
- Cocktail Ornaments: Store cranberries in the freezer and use them to adorn cocktails. These frozen delights will give any gathering the holiday spirit.
- Jack-of-all-Toppings: Always have a bag of Sargento Artisan Blends Shredded Parmesan cheese on hand. It is perfect on soup, pasta, salad, chicken and so much more.
- Back-up Libations: Unexpected opportunities to entertain come up—especially during the holidays. Ensure guests are never thirsty by keeping a few bottles of wine and champagne in the house.
- Festive Details: Details as small as festive cocktail napkins can make a big impact, so be prepared for any occasion by having a few readily available.
- Quick-fix Hors D'oeuvres: Keep Sargento Artisan Blends Shredded Double Cheddar cheese and tortillas in the freezer for any last minute guests. Quick quesadillas are always party pleasers.
For more information on Sargento Artisan Blends natural cheeses or holiday recipes, visit www.sargento.com.
About Sargento Foods Inc.
Sargento Foods Inc. has demonstrated its passion for cheese and cheese-based meal solutions throughout its history. Founded in 1953 in Plymouth, Sargento is a leading manufacturer, packager and marketer of natural shredded, sliced and snack cheeses, cheese appetizers, ingredients, sauces and other culinary solutions. Sargento is owned and operated by the Gentine family, and has net sales of more than $900 million. For more information, please visit www.sargento.com.
For More Information:
(1) Greenburg, A., & Berktold, J. (2006, December 11). Holiday Stress. Greenburg Quinlin Rosner Research. American Psychological Association, Retrieved from http://www.greenbergresearch.com/articles/1843/2603_HolidayStress.pdf
SOURCE Sargento Foods Inc.