MIAMI, Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- If more is merrier, guests on Celebrity Cruises' Caribbean Christmas sailings can anticipate very merry vacations, highlighted by exclusive new performances and programs to appeal to all ages.
Together with Nite Raiders Entertainment in Las Vegas, Celebrity will premiere on its Caribbean Christmas cruises "Finalists at Sea," a series of concerts, Q&A sessions and autograph signings by finalists of past seasons of the popular television show, American Idol®.
Two artists will perform on each sailing. The star-studded lineup includes:
- Singer and musician Bo Bice, runner-up in the fourth season of American Idol®
- Singer, actress and TV hostess Kimberly Caldwell, seventh-place finalist in season two, who released her debut album, Without Regret, in 2011
- Melinda Doolittle, third-place finalist in season six, and previously backup singer for a series of top artists
- Vocalist Matt Giraud, whose soulful performance of 'My Funny Valentine' landed him a fifth-place finish in season eight, followed by appearances on numerous talk shows
- Singer Mikalah Gordon, a finalist on the show's fourth season, who went on to record and landed appearances on several national TV shows
- Blake Lewis, singer-songwriter and beatboxer who was first runner-up in season six, and whose debut album, Audio Day Dream/A.D.D., was released through 19 Recordings/Arista Records
- Elliot Yamin, who placed third in season five and whose self-titled album debuted at number one on the Billboard Independent Albums chart and number three on the Billboard 200
In addition to stellar performances, Celebrity's Caribbean Christmas cruises will allow kids and adults alike to be among the first to experience the revolutionary new Xbox One through Celebrity's exclusive partnership with Xbox. The new all-in-one gaming and entertainment system will allow guests to play the new game "Forza Motorsport 5," a cinematic, automotive journey starring the world's greatest cars and tracks. Celebrity's ships already are outfitted with dedicated Xbox spaces and mobile stations, allowing guests to enjoy one of the largest game and entertainment experiences afloat.
And, in the holiday spirit of gift-giving, from now through October 6, 2013, Celebrity is giving a special offer to guests who book these exceptional sailings: For guests booking Celebrity's luxurious suite accommodations, kids or additional (third or fourth) guests sail free. When booking veranda accommodations, kids or additional guests sail for just $49 per day, per person. Better yet, the offer can be combined with Celebrity's "Pick Your Perk" event, allowing guests to choose one of four offers to make their Christmas vacation even merrier.
Celebrity Cruises' 2013 Caribbean Christmas sailings include:
- 14-night Exotic Southern Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Eclipse departing December 14, roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- 10-night Ultimate Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Equinox departing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale December 20
- 7-night Caribbean Holiday Getaway cruise on Celebrity Reflection departing roundtrip from Miami, Fla., December 21
- 7-night Southern Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Summit departing roundtrip from San Juan, Puerto Rico, December 21
- 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Silhouette departing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale December 22
- 5-night Western Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Constellation departing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale December 23
Any reference to American Idol® is descriptive only. American Idol® is a registered trademark of FremantleMedia North America, Inc. and is not affiliated with Nite Raider Entertainment, Inc. or Celebrity Cruises. The Finalists at Sea lineup is subject to change.
About Celebrity Cruises:
Celebrity Cruises' iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers' precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 11 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Europe and South America. Celebrity is one of five cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, visit www.celebritycruises.com, or call your travel agent.
SOURCE Celebrity Cruises