NEW YORK, Oct. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This report covers the global cell expansion market and its segments, which include cell type, products, applications, end-user markets and geographic segmentation. Forecasts are provided through 2020.
The global cell expansion market generated revenue of roughly $8.5 billion in 2014, and is expected to reach revenues of $9.7 billion in 2015 and $22.0 billion by 2020, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.8% from 2015 to 2020.
This report provides:
• An overview of the global markets for cell expansion, mainly categorized into two major types, animal cells and human cells.
• Analyses of global market trends, with data for 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
• Geographical breakdown across: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and ROW.
• Analysis of applications including clinical diagnostics, drug discovery and development, regenerative medicine and others.
• Coverage of automated cell expansion systems, bioreactors, and cell expansion supporting equipment.
• Coverage of consumables including reagents, media, & sera and disposables.
• Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
On the basis of cell type, the cell expansion market is divided into two major types: animal cells and human cells. Animal cell expansion in this report includes various cells such as embryonic stem cells and mesenchymal stem cells (MSC). Furthermore, the human cells used in cell expansion are classified as stem cells and differentiated cells. These cell types are used in applications such as diagnostics, drug discovery and development, regenerative medicine and others. The end users of this market are hospitals and diagnostic centers, research institutes and academics, and bio-pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Cell expansion applications are analyzed in detail in the report with their potential scope and opportunities throughout the forecast period.
The global cell expansion product market is segmented into three major categories: consumables, instruments and cell expansion supporting equipment. The consumables category consists of reagents, media, and sera and disposables. The instrument category is comprised of automated cell expansion systems and bioreactors. The cell expansion supporting equipment category is comprised of centrifuges, flow cytometers, filtration systems, microscopes, incubators, laminar air flow cabinets and other equipment.
By geography, the market segments are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and ROW. Companies profiled in this report are Becton, Dickinson and Company; GE Healthcare; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; Corning Inc.; Danaher Corp.; Merck Millipore; Terumo BCT; STEMCELL Technologies; Sigma-Aldrich Corp.; Miltenyi Biotec; Life Technologies; Replicell; Neximmune; TC Biopharm; Pluristem Therapeutics; ReNeuron; Voria Biomaterials; CellProthera; and Cytomatrix.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03322939-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker reviews, finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001