SAN FRANCISCO, October 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The global cell surface marker detection market is expected to reach USD 6.49 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. This growth in demand can be attributed to rise in incidence of oncology diseases and other cell-associated disorders.
Rapid introduction of advancements and automations in clinical laboratories is a key factor affecting this industry. Incorporation of novel algorithms pertaining to diagnosis and prognosis of chronic disorders is expected to fuel demand of this market in the coming years.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Cell Surface Marker Detection Market Analysis By Product (Flow Cytometry, Hematology Analyzers, Reagents & Kits), By Application (Disease Diagnosis & Identification, Research & Drug Discovery) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cell-surface-marker-detection-market
Requirement of solutions for data handling and interpretation of clinical conditions based on obtained results are anticipated to enhance potential for R&D in this sector, consequently driving market growth over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Flow cytometry devices accounted for over 70% of the revenue generated in the industry for 2014. This large share can be attributed to the growing advancement in these instruments such as enhancement in efficiency and resolution of fluorescence-based cytometric detectors. Furthermore, presence of large product portfolio of different industry players operating in cytometry is responsible for large market share of this technique.
- Disease diagnosis and identification accounted for over 50% of the revenue generated in the market for 2014. High incidence rate of cell-associated disorders and oncology diseases that need to be treated in order to curb the mortality rate are the major drivers for growth of this segment.
- Determination of novel drug targets and development of biopharmaceuticals for prognosis of chronic diseases is anticipated to propel growth of research and drug discovery sub-segment in the coming years. With expected development of this segment, the sector will witness lucrative growth over the forecast period.
- North America accounted for the largest share of this sector for 2014, as there are is significantly high number of research and development projects ongoing in the region related to cytological investigation for proteomics, genomics, and drug and vaccine development. Growing need for biopharmaceuticals is also anticipated to fuel regional growth.
- North America dominated the industry in 2014, with revenue estimated at USD 999.0 million. Presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure and favorable government initiatives with respect to analytical techniques and their applications for disease diagnosis and drug development are some key factors likely to drive growth.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness lucrative growth from 2015 to 2022 due to the presence of high-unmet medical needs coupled with rapidly rising healthcare R&D investment and growing medical expenditures in emerging economies of India and China
- Key participants of the cell surface marker detection industry include Siemens Healthcare, Nihon Kohden Corporation, Sartorius, Janssen Diagnostics Inc., Grifols SA, Thermo Fisher Scientific, BioRad Laboratories Inc., and F. Hoffman La Roche Ltd.
- These participants are involved in R&D for production of cell-specific antibodies and collaborations with smaller entities operating in the market as well as with academic research laboratories in order to maintain their market position and enter the untapped market regions
Grand View Research has segmented cell surface marker detection market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Cell Surface Marker Detection Product Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 - 2022 )
- Flow Cytometry
- Hematology Analyzers
- Reagents & Kits
- Cell Surface Marker Detection Application Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 - 2022 )
- Disease Diagnosis & Identification
- Research & Drug Discovery
- Cell Surface Marker Detection Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 - 2022 )
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Prokaryotic Expression Systems Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/prokaryotic-expression-systems-market
- Eukaryotic Expression Systems Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/eukaryotic-expression-systems-market
- Cord Blood Banking Services Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cord-blood-banking-services-market
- Mononucleosis Diagnostic Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/mononucleosis-diagnostic-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.