Centerplate partners with Lucas Oil Stadium to host thousands of March Madness fans
INDIANAPOLIS, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Centerplate, the largest event hospitality partner to North America's premier sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment venues, announced today its hospitality services for the 2013 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament Midwest Regional hosted by Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana. As an extension of its commitment to the community, Centerplate's menus will feature many locally-sourced items and regional flavors, plus a number of service enhancements for the tournament.
Centerplate will be featuring a Home-style Pot Roast Sandwich and Jumbo Pork Tenderloin for the estimated 38,000 fans. Available in the Club Lounges will be culinary Action Stations serving Made-to-Order Pasta and Carved-to-Order prime rib and turkey sandwiches with a side of Potato Salad and Home-style Chips.
Centerplate is also offering a list of delectable classics including:
- Grilled Steak Sandwiches served on a hoagie roll with tomato, onion, lettuce and horseradish sauce, accompanied by home-style chips
- "Colts Classic" Italian Grinder - ham, salami, capocolla, pepperoni, provolone, romaine, tomato, Onion and Italian dressing
- Monument Circle – roast beef, cheddar cheese, Dijon, horseradish
- "The Combine" Veggie: portabella, eggplant, zucchini, squash, provolone, lettuce, tomato, red pepper, hummus and pesto
- Sliders Trio – three home-style mini sandwiches of pot roast, buffalo chicken and barbeque pork sliders, accompanied by home-style chips and pickle, served in the Club Lounges
- Blue Bell Ice Cream Indiana local creamery Colts Ice Cream Sponsor
- Gluten-Free stir fry stations- made to order rice noodles with choice of chicken, beef and vegetables in a gluten free chili sauce
"At Lucas Oil Stadium, our goal is to provide every fan an extraordinary game-day experience and we look forward to this year's NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament," said John Stockholm, Centerplate's General Manager. "We want to create a fan experience which highlights incredible food and also embraces the unique spirit, flair and flavors of Indiana."
Centerplate's support of the NCAA Men's basketball events follows other recent accomplishments, including providing food and beverage services to many of the past year's most prestigious events, including the Super Bowl, the World Series and the Belmont Stakes.
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." in over 250 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America – annually serving over 100 million guests. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 21 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. In 2011, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/ hospitality group in the country by Nation's Restaurant News. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com