Centerplate Prepares Taste of San Diego for 2012 Poinsettia and Holiday Bowl Games Local Flavors, San Diego Favorites for Almost 100,000 Fans
SAN DIEGO, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Centerplate, the leading event hospitality partner to North America's premier sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment venues, announces its exclusive menu of local flavors and San Diego favorites for the eighth annual San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl, held Thursday, December 20th at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, CA, and the 35th annual Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl, held Thursday, December 27th at Qualcomm Stadium.
True to San Diego's renowned reputation for hospitality, Centerplate is planning to treat over 40,000 San Diego State University Aztecs and Brigham Young University Cougars fans at the Poinsettia Bowl, as well as over 55,000 UCLA Bruins and Baylor Bears fans at the Holiday Bowl to a taste of Southern California: from jalapenos to farm-fresh local produce to authentic street tacos and carne asada hot dogs. Fans may come for the game, or maybe the warm San Diego temperatures, but the hope is they'll remember, and be delighted by, Centerplate's hospitality. Menu to include:
- Farm to Fan – Introducing a vegetarian friendly stand featuring an interactive fresh-tossed salad cart, Aguas Frescas, whole fruits and vegetables, and Organic Beers. All produce is sourced locally within a 250 mile radius of San Diego.
- Food Truck Central- The Food Truck Craze hits Qualcomm Stadium, with some of San Diego's most beloved trucks: San Diego Street Eats, The Super Q and Chuckies Iowa Breaded Pork Tenderloin will all be in full culinary force
- Dog House – Featuring a wide variety of gourmet topped hot dogs and Bratwurst. Our Signature Carne Asada Dog is made of 100% all beef Carne Asada and topped with black beans, pico de gallo, sour cream and fresh cilantro. Truly a fan favorite.
- First Down Fries – Qualcomm's first interactive French Fry bar. Select from over 25 different spicy and savory seasonings & hot toppings. Featuring 8 Chef prepared ketchups and endless flavor options.
- Hamburger Huddle- Located near the Tailgate Zone, the Hamburger Huddle features Certified Angus Beef patties, always fresh and never frozen, plus game day special tailored to each team.
In addition to the fan-friendly menu, Centerplate will also offer the SDSU, BYU, UCLA and Baylor faithful an array of team merchandise at Centerplate's in-stadium store, including apparel like t-shirts, sweatshirts and hats, as well as team spirited items such as flower leis, wigs and much more.
"We are excited to offer the local flavors of our region to San Diego State University Aztecs and Brigham Young University Cougars fans," said Ron Lee, Centerplate's General Manager responsible for the game. "We're proud to host this annual bowl game, and we're proud to call San Diego home. Centerplate wants fans to have an extraordinary Poinsettia Bowl experience with our signature menu offerings, and team keepsakes and merchandise."
This season, Centerplate will host 11 college bowl games including the BCS National Championship Game at the Orange Bowl in Miami, the Allstate Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, Discover Orange Bowl in Miami, Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl in Nashville, and the Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman in Washington D.C. Throughout the year, Centerplate partners with 10 NFL clubs and 24 collegiate programs including the SDSU Aztecs.
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." in over 250 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America – annually serving over 100 million guests. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 15 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 21 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. Last year, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/ hospitality group in the country by Nation's Restaurant News. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com