Centerplate Warms Up Spring Training
Centerplate Debuts New Menu for Seattle Mariners and the San Diego Padres Spring Training
PEORIA, Ariz., March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Opening Day is still weeks away for Major League Baseball but Centerplate, the largest event hospitality partner to North America's premier sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment venues, unveiled a big-league line up of new menu items and facility improvements at the Spring Training home of the Seattle Mariners and the San Diego Padres. The Peoria Sports Complex, in Peoria, Arizona now features notable new items like:
7 made-to-order Farm Fresh Salads:
- Caprese – Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Local Basil
- Antipasti Salad over Local Greens
- Grilled and Roast Vegetables Salad
- Greek Salad with Line-Caught Albacore
- Yakisoba Noodle Salad with Grilled All Natural Chicken
- All Natural Chicken Caesar Salad
- Seasonal and Local Fruit Salad
"We are proud to partner with the Mariners to serve their fans in both Seattle and Peoria, Arizona as well as the Padres," said Rob Heidingsfelder, Centerplate's General Manager responsible for the park. "We are eager to unveil our engaging new concepts tailored specifically for these great fans at Spring Training."
To get Spring Training fans ready for the 2013 baseball season, Centerplate is also firing up the Smoker in Centerfield, with Pit Master Tanner Clark's Apple Wood Smoked Achiote and Tequila Brined Pork Belly creations:
- Chips and Fresh Roasted Tomato Salsa or Poblano Queso
- Smoked Pork Belly Torta – Black beans, cucumbers, guacamole, pickled red onions, roasted poblano queso, cotija cream and roasted tomato salsa
- Smoked Pork Belly Nachos – Crisp tortilla chips, roasted poblano queso, green onions, jalapenos, roasted tomato salsa, cotija cream and pico de gallo
- Big AZ Burger – Half-pound Mesquite grilled Angus burger, roasted poblano queso, smoked pork belly and crispy onions
- Big AZ Dog – half pound foot long hot dog, smoked pork belly, grilled onions, roasted poblano queso and pico de gallo
"We are passionate about bringing the farm to the fans at the Peoria Sports Complex this spring," says Chef Sean Kavanaugh, Senior Executive Chef for Centerplate. "We partner with the best local suppliers, and feature the best local flavors and chefs to make sure fans here have a one of a kind Spring Training experience."
Centerplate will continue to partner with the team to offer fans the popular $2 hot dog promotion every Thursday of Spring Training and will also continue the Family Four Pack value promotion which includes four tickets, four hot dogs and four small sodas at a discounted price.
In addition to these new menu offerings, Centerplate will increase the number of service locations throughout the ballpark. This will allow fans to appreciate speedier service and have more convenient access to the enhanced menu offerings.
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." in over 250 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America – annually serving over 100 million guests. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 21 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. In 2011, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/ hospitality group in the country by Nation's Restaurant News. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.