SEATTLE, Oct. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CENTRI, a provider of advanced security for the Internet of Things, today announced IoT market-leading features of the CENTRI Internet of Things Advanced Security platform, IoTAS at the IoT Security Summit, October 17-19, at the Hynes Convention Center, Boston, MA.
Located in booth #408, CENTRI Internet of Things Advanced Security – IoTAS, offers companies looking to secure their IoT devices and data in motion and at rest, a complete solution that meets the unique requirements of low-power equipment and chipsets. IoTAS also solves the security challenge for companies as it protects IoT data in the Cloud in multi-tenant and shared environments. Unlike open source encryption tools such as SSL/TLS, AES or repackaged enterprise solutions, CENTRI IoTAS delivers a platform that is purpose-built for the IoT security market with the following features:
- Small Solution Footprint – IoTAS is now available in 200k to accommodate some of the smallest chipsets or IoT devices available.
- Mission-Critical Uptime – IoTAS operates in cache memory, with 20% less use of CPU to deliver up to 30% more uptime for battery-powered devices versus alternative encryption solutions which run CPU processors hot and drain battery life.
- Data Integrity - IoTAS never sends a single byte in the clear and works with a trusted endpoint-server model to authenticate all devices and protect data in motion and at rest. SSL/TLS only establishes a secure tunnel that does not protect against device attacks, leaves applications open to Man-in-the-Middle attacks during the connection, and initiates a handshake partially in the clear exposing plaintext transmissions.
- Handles the Data Spike - The increase in data traffic from IoT squeezes networks and Cloud storage. IoTAS compresses the data up to 80% to save bandwidth and Cloud storage costs. Other IoT security solutions will require additional compression tools to run in parallel.
- Speed and Efficiency versus Open Source - IoTAS provides faster encryption and optimization – in a single pass of the data. Develop using 50% less calls resulting in twice the efficiency. IoTAS completes the connection handshake 50 times faster.
- Device Authentication – IoTAS features "certificate-free" technology with 100% trusted device model. SSL/TLS requires certificate exchanges that can result in mismatched certificates and significantly impact device memory consumption and network bandwidth.
- Simplified Key Vault Management - IoTAS protects data at rest and features patented "vault-less" technology to remove the key vault management hassle and expense of a Hardware Security Module.
In addition, Grant Asplund, CENTRI's Vice President of Sales and Business Development will discuss why the IoT needs a new kind of security in this solo presentation:
Waiting for the Sh-IoT to Hit the Fan: Why Hackers Love Data and Devices Everywhere
Tuesday, October 18, 2016: 11:20 – 11:40 a.m. Eastern Time
CENTRI is offering all companies developing IoT solutions and devices a free full-working trial of CENTRI IoTAS for two concurrent connections at https://www.centritechnology.com/free-trial. This unlimited trial enables IoT innovators to test the ease and simplicity of replacing open source or legacy IT security tools with CENTRI. Use cases for IoTAS can range from securing low-power medical and industrial devices, home automation appliances, connected car to central command of field equipment with utilities.
"The Internet of Things needs a different kind of security than open source tools that were designed for the anonymous Web over twenty years ago or repurposed enterprise solutions that were created to protect PCs and internal networks," said Vaughan Emery, CEO and President of CENTRI. "IoT devices to the Cloud require complete data protection in motion, at rest, with trusted device authentication, data compression and visibility to what's happening. IoTAS offers all of these features with a small footprint and maximum device efficiencies."
For demonstrations and more information on CENTRI's leadership on IoT security, visit booth # 408 at the Hynes Convention Center and please connect with the CENTRI on LinkedIn, Facebook and follow @CentriTech on Twitter.
CENTRI provides advanced security for the Internet of Things. Our technology helps organizations secure what matters most in IoT – their data. CENTRI reduces the risk of data theft and loss of equipment command by establishing trusted devices and advanced encryption technology while retaining complete visibility to all activity. CENTRI maximizes IoT device uptime and protects the data in transit, at rest and on the endpoint. For more information visit centritechnology.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press and Media Inquiries
Director of Marketing
P: +1-206-395-2793 x105
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/centri-showcases-purpose-built-iot-security-platform-at-iot-security-summit-2016-300346599.html
SOURCE CENTRI Technology