NEW YORK, July 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CEO Connection, the only membership organization in the world focused exclusively on mid-market CEOs, is teaming for the second time with the Wharton School in Philadelphia for the 2014 CEO Connection Mid-Market Convention, to be held Oct. 20-21 at the Philadelphia campus of Wharton.
The CEO Connection Mid-Market Convention is the premier annual gathering of mid-market CEOs from around the globe, representing a critical, yet often underemphasized portion of the U.S. economy—each with annualized revenues between $100 million and $3 billion. The second annual convention will gather together prominent leaders from diverse industries, along with select government officials, academics, subject matter experts and media personalities for a two-day program to craft sustainable solutions to the problems we all face—solutions that can balance the needs of the corporate community, the public society of today and the future.
The Convention will feature CEO Connection Mid-Market Awards recognizing this important business segment's contributions to job creation, economic growth and as a driver of social impact.
This year's award recipients include:
- Mid-Market Company of the Year: Twitter, Inc.
- Mid-Market CEO of the Year: Brian Thomas, President and CEO, Otterbox
- Mid-Market Rising Star: Julie Smolyansky, President and CEO, Lifeway Foods Inc.
- Social Impact Award: Bert Jacobs, Founder and CEO, Life is good, Inc.
"This year's CEO Connection Mid-Market Awards recipients are testament to the fact that middle-market leaders are movers and shakers in their respective industries," said Ken Beck, CEO of CEO Connection. "Collectively mid-market companies account for $10 trillion annually of the $30 trillion U.S. private sector gross receipts and 30 million jobs, and we need to learn more about how these companies are able to keep their edge in an increasingly competitive market."
Speakers for this year's conference include:
- Jill E. Fisch, Perry Golkin Professor of Law, University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Bob Greifeld, CEO, NASDAQ
- Pat Harker, President, University of Delaware
- Michael Nutter, Mayor of Philadelphia
- Jostein Solheim, CEO, Ben & Jerry's Homemade
- Tracey Weber, COO, Gilt
- Bob Wise, President of the Alliance for Excellent Education and Former Governor of West Virginia
- Randy Robason, National Managing Partner, Tax Services, Grant Thornton LLP
- John Meyer, CEO, Arise Virtual Solutions
- Doug Robinson, President & CEO, LifeVantage
- Todd Simmens, National Managing Partner of Tax Risk Management, BDO LLP
The 2014 CEO Connection Mid-Market Convention will also recognize the 2014 CEO Connection Mid-Market 500, the official list that ranks the top 500 U.S. mid-market enterprises, closely held and public corporations by their gross revenue. This seminal list of the mid-market includes both publicly and privately held companies for which revenues are publicly available. The list is compiled and published by CEO Connection.
About CEO Connection
CEO Connection is the only membership organization in the world focused exclusively on mid-market CEOs. It connects thousands of mid-market CEOs and leaders with each other and to people, information and resources which will help them succeed.
Members are C-level executives with responsibility for all or significant portions of their respective company. They represent a wide variety of businesses across a broad geographic spectrum and account for $10 trillion annually of the $30 trillion U.S. private sector gross receipts and 30 million jobs.
Inspired by C-level Wharton executives, CEO Connection began in 2005 and has evolved into a dynamic community with wide ranging benefits uniquely designed to help the mid-market CEO and champion the mid-market perspective. It is all about CEOs helping CEOs.
For more information, visit www.ceoconnection.com.
SOURCE CEO Connection