SAO PAULO, July 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Chief executives from four of the world's largest pulp and paper companies are confirmed to speak at the CEO Roundtable during RISI's 7th Latin American Pulp and Paper Outlook Conference. Speakers are also confirmed for a new environmental panel looking at the issue of sustainability in the region. The event will take place on August 27 – 29, 2012 at the Intercontinental Sao Paulo in Brazil and is produced by RISI, a leading information provider for the forest products industry.
The CEO Panel, titled "A Roundtable Discussion with the Region's Leading Executives," includes:
- Antonio Maciel Neto, CEO, Suzano
- Fabio Schvartsman, CEO, Klabin
- Gary McGann, CEO, Smurfit Kappa
- Marcelo Castelli, CEO, Fibria
"We are excited to have the leading CEOs from the Latin American region joining the Roundtable discussion," said Renata Mercante, Conference Chairperson and Editor, PPI Latin America, RISI. "Their participation reinforces the importance of this event to the industry and the region."
A new addition to this year's conference program is a panel focused on environmental issues facing the pulp and paper industry in Latin America. Entitled "Getting the Sustainability Message Across," confirmed panelists include:
- Martyn Eustace, MD, Newvizion Consulting Ltd, Director, Two Sides, European Sustainability Manager and UK Country Manager, Print Power
- Keila Hand, Senior Program Office – Paper and Packaging, WWF
- Elizabeth de Carvalhaes, President, Bracelpa
- Eliano Apicella, Purchasing Director, Barilla
"Latin America is one of the fast growing regions for pulp and paper producers," said Mercante. "With new panels and topics specifically looking at Latin America, this year's conference will be essential to understanding where the industry is heading in the next few years."
Other confirmed topics and speakers include:
- Fabio Schvartsmann, CEO, Klabin - Keynote Address
- Professor Andrea Boltho, Tutor in Economics, Oxford University - Where is the World Economy Going? Are we heading into a new Recession? Can Latin America Avoid it?
- Jose Carlos Grubisich, CEO, Eldorado - Pulp Market Challenges
- Pedro Huerta Barros, CEO, Surpapel - Current Packaging Paper Market Situation and Outlook in Central America
- Douglas Albrecht, CEO, Cellulosa Argentina - Argentinean Pulp and Paper Market - The Current Scenario and Outlook
- Gary McGann, CEO, Smurfit Kappa - Smurfit Kappa Group; Innovation & Sustainability in Packaging
- Juan Bueno, Executive Vice President, Biomaterials, Stora Enso - Rethinking Sustainable Growth - Stora Enso Biomaterials. Why we believe this is a Good Example of a Sustainable way to run a Business
- Martyn Eustace, Director, Two Sides, European Sustainability Manager and UK Country Manager, Print Power - Communicating Paper's Great Environmental Story
On the second day of the conference, RISI's team of economists and engineers will present their two-year forecasts for supply, demand, profitability, investment and trade for each major grade of pulp and paper.
The event is sponsored by HP, ColorLok Technology, Cenibra, BTG, and Andritz Pulp & Paper; and supported by ABTCP 2012 and the International Forest Products Transport Association (IFPTA).
Conference programs and registration details are available online at http://www.risiinfo.com/events/la_conf/program.html.
About RISI (www.risi.com)
Owned by UBM plc, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. The company works with clients in the pulp and paper, wood products, timber, biomass, tissue, nonwovens, printing and publishing industries to help them make better decisions.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, RISI operates additional offices throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia.
About UBM plc (www.ubm.com)
UBM plc is a leading global company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For Press Enquiries, please contact: