VALLEY FORGE, Pa., Oct. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- At Greenbuild 2011, CertainTeed Corporation (#2211N) will showcase a wide array of next generation, sustainable products — which includes the debut of its high-performance Apollo™ Photovoltaic Solar Power Roofing System and the expansion of its revolutionary AirRenew™ indoor air quality gypsum board product line. CertainTeed is also releasing Environmental Product Declarations® (EPDs) for several ceilings products as well as a life cycle analysis (LCA) for its WeatherBoards™ fiber cement siding — both industry-first initiatives for these product categories.
"As the leading North American subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, the world's largest building materials company, our research and development teams have made tremendous strides in sustainable innovation and environmental transparency," says John Crowe, president and chief executive officer of CertainTeed Corporation. "These new offerings authenticate our mission of advancing widespread sustainable commercial and residential building combined with industry-leading performance and cutting-edge design."
In addition to insulation, roofing, siding, foundations, ceilings and gypsum products, CertainTeed will highlight:
- Apollo™ Photovoltaic Solar Power Roofing System — Featuring high-performance polycrystalline panels, Apollo easily and seamlessly integrates with an existing asphalt shingle roof or with the installation of a new roof. Its lightweight design requires no rooftop penetrations, making it easier to install while maintaining roof deck integrity.
- Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs®) for Ceiling Products — To streamline the specification process for sustainable ceilings products, CertainTeed Ceilings will share Environmental Product Declarations for 19 of its product families. Published through The Green Standard, the EPDs provide scientifically robust information about environmental performance, verifying and confirming true ceiling sustainability.
- AirRenew™ Abuse-Resistant and Impact-Resistant Board — CertainTeed Gypsum is previewing the expansion of its groundbreaking indoor air quality (IAQ) gypsum board product line. AirRenew Impact contains a specially designed fiberglass reinforcement that provides superior resistance to hard impacts and penetrations. AirRenew Abuse is designed for areas prone to surface abrasion and indentation, such as hallways and recreation rooms. Each actively removes volatile organic compounds (VOCs), specifically formaldehyde and aldehydes, circulating indoors for up to 75 years, contributing to a healthy indoor air quality.
- WeatherBoards™ Fiber Cement Siding LCA — CertainTeed is also issuing an LCA that will be published through the National Institute of Standards and Technology's Building for Economic and Environmental Sustainability (BEES) online product comparison software program. The LCA features an in-depth analysis of the products' impact on the environment throughout its entire lifespan, including an evaluation of raw material acquisition, manufacturing, transportation and distribution, installation, maintenance and end of life disposal.
- EcoDocs Specification Tool — Architects, builders and contractors looking for LEED®-related documentation for gypsum, insulation and ceilings products will soon have a new tool, EcoDocs, which simplifies and streamlines the certification process. Show attendees will have the opportunity to test out the new technology, which was developed by CertainTeed and will available at www.certainteed.com/ecodocs in late October.
- Green Zone — Showcasing its extensive product and system offering for the critical healthcare market, CertainTeed is sponsoring the High Performance Modular Healthcare Facility, designed to meet LEED® Gold standards. Featured products include Adagio™ acoustical ceiling panel, Symphony™ M mineral fiber ceiling panels and SilentFX™ acoustic gypsum board demonstrating sound absorption technology; AirRenew™ indoor air quality gypsum board for a healthier indoor environment; and Sustainable Insulation™ fiberglass batts and the Hybrid Insulation System to present affordable, state-of-the-art home comfort. The building will be constructed adjacent to the convention center main entrance and South Hall and is open for viewing during show hours.
In addition, CertainTeed's parent company, Saint-Gobain, will display several key products integral to the green building movement, including SageGlass® electrochromic glass and Grenite® engineered stone.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa., has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America's leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, foundations, pipe, insulation, gypsum, ceilings and access covers.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, the world's largest building products company, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 6,000 employees and more than 65 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. Recognized as a 2009 and 2010 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, CertainTeed earned the 2011 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award, the highest level of recognition for outstanding contributions to protecting the environment through energy efficiency. The group had total sales of approximately $3 billion in 2010. www.certainteed.com
SOURCE CertainTeed Corporation