Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Expands CFP Board Ambassador Program with Addition of 21 Ambassadors
CFP Board Ambassadors Serve as a Local Resource for Personal Finance
WASHINGTON, Nov. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In these difficult economic times, many Americans are looking for a trusted source to turn to for financial guidance. To better serve the public and provide ready resources to local media and community organizations, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. has expanded its national CFP Board Ambassador base with the addition of 21 volunteers who will serve 19 regions.
The newest class of CFP Board Ambassadors was added after an initial program that began last year with seven Ambassadors in seven regions. CFP Board Ambassadors will provide personal finance resources to their communities, policymakers and local media. With this addition, the CFP Board Ambassador program will cover a total 25 regions in the U.S.
CFP Board Ambassadors are Certified Financial Planner™ professionals, and they will serve as representatives of CFP Board. They were chosen based on their demonstrated leadership skills, passion for the financial planning profession and commitment to the CFP Board's mission to serve the public. They were chosen after completing a rigorous application process.
"The new CFP Board Ambassadors will join our existing volunteers in educating the public, policy makers and media about how competent, ethical financial planning can increase Americans' quality of life and help them achieve their goals," said CFP Board Chief Executive Officer Kevin R. Keller, CAE. "CFP Board is proud to add these 21 dedicated individuals who are committed to upholding our mission and sharing their experience and talents to serve the public."
"CFP Board Ambassadors provide a valuable service to the financial planning profession, to the public and to our organization," said CFP Board Consumer Advocate Eleanor Blayney, CFP®. "These Ambassadors will allow the CFP Board Ambassador program to broaden and reach more individuals than we could before."
The 2011 CFP Board Ambassadors are:
- Mark Boddy, CFP®, Richmond
- Rita Cheng, CFP®, Washington, D.C.
- Greg Dorriety, CFP®, Mobile (AL)
- Daniel Forbes, CFP®, Providence (RI)
- Andrew Gardener, CFP® Houston
- Bill Garrett, CFP®, Nashville
- Don Grant, CFP®, Wichita
- Cary Guffey, CFP®, Birmingham (AL)
- John Hauserman, CFP®, Baltimore
- Paul Jarvis, CFP®, Fargo (ND)
- Scott Kaminsky, CFP®, Philadelphia
- Dan Keady, CFP®, Charlotte
- Joseph Kelly, CFP®, Princeton, NJ
- Elaine King, CFP®, Miami
- Ross Levin, CFP®, Minneapolis
- Dan Mathews, CFP®, Kansas City
- Nancy McCready, CFP®, Los Angeles
- Laura McMahon, CFP®, Indianapolis
- Joel Redmond, CFP®, Syracuse
- JT Hatfield-Smith, CFP®, Washington, D.C.
- David Zuckerman, CFP®, Los Angeles
CFP Board Ambassadors are all volunteers. Their contributions will include, among other things:
- Educating the public on the importance of having a financial plan that supports one's life goals, and of working with a competent, ethical financial professional;
- Representing and explaining the meaning of the CFP® certification, the recognized symbol of excellence in personal financial planning; and
- Supporting CFP Board's Consumer Advocate program, which currently includes a series of monthly personal finance tips, broadening the awareness of financial planning to all consumers and publicizing CFP Board's recent Public Awareness Campaign, designed to educate the public about the role of CFP® professionals.
ABOUT CFP BOARD
The mission of Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. is to benefit the public by granting the CFP® certification and upholding it as the recognized standard of excellence for personal financial planning. The Board of Directors, in furthering CFP Board's mission, acts on behalf of the public, CFP® professionals and other stakeholders. CFP Board owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™, CFP® (with plaque design) and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements. CFP Board currently authorizes nearly 64,000 individuals to use these marks in the U.S.
SOURCE Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.