BROOMFIELD, Colo., Dec. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Alticast will demonstrate at CES 2016 how solutions at the intersection of pay-TV and consumer electronics are enabling cost-effective delivery of new services that engage millennials, enhance video experiences and allow for new services that increase the value of pay-TV bundles.
At its exhibit at the Venetian (Rooms 30-224 and 30-225), Alticast will show examples of its innovation across emerging technologies –including Android, RDK, cloud and IoT services – that build on successful deployments with operators worldwide.
During the January 6-9 event, Alticast will show how:
- Latin American, U.S. mid-tier and Tier 1 operators can replicate the experiences of a leading Vietnamese operator that successfully deployed a completely integrated suite of Alticast products for delivery of live and on-demand services to low-cost set-top boxes and mobile devices.
- Pay-TV operators with large footprints of legacy set-top boxes can migrate the user experience to the cloud, enabling delivery of advanced user experiences and personalized services while preserving investment in existing hardware.
- Operators can engage millennials by simply and cost-effectively implementing an elegant, personalized and sophisticated approach to navigation using multi-pronged metadata connections and state of the art discovery techniques.
- The versatility of the Alticast Application Framework enables operators to adapt seamlessly to changing market needs by supporting Android-based STB solutions as well as RDK, allowing use of native and HTML5 applications and providing a migration path to IPTV.
- U.S. mid-tier, Latin American and other operators can partner with CE device manufacturers to create complete solutions that enrich content discovery, including single-search integration between pay-TV and OTT content catalogs and voice-activated navigation.
- Home automation and other IoT functionality can be aggregated on existing STBs or new data gateways, allowing for partnerships and revenue sources that offer quick time-to-market, while leveraging the operators' existing broadband infrastructures.
Media and industry analysts interested in meeting with Alticast executives at CES 2016 should contact email@example.com to schedule a date and time.
Alticast develops advanced end-to-end, multi-screen solutions to enable service providers to quickly and cost-effectively deliver TV Everywhere services, ensuring every consumer a reliable and innovative TV experience. Alticast's extensive solution offerings consist of STB software, CAS/DRM, Smart UI/UX and Cloud Server, based on non-proprietary software such as HTML5, RDK and GEM. Alticast's unique solutions bring new levels of TV interactivity required by service providers and consumers across the globe to deliver personalized and compelling content securely over broadcast, broadband and mobile platforms. With over 46 million devices deployed worldwide, Alticast is the most deployed solutions provider in the digital television industry. The publicly traded company was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, but also has major offices in Amsterdam, Netherlands and Broomfield, Colorado. For more information, visit www.alticast.com and read Alticast's blog, TV Ready Forum, at www.tvreadyforum.blogspot.com.