NEW YORK, Jan. 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- CES, one of the biggest tradeshows on consumer technology, is opening tomorrow to gather the brightest technological innovations. In marge of the event, ReportLinker has conducted several researches to weigh Americans' awareness, perception and readiness to adopt the top technologies displayed at the event, including augmented reality, automated vehicles and drones.
When surveying Americans on Automated vehicles:
- More than 60% of surveyed Americans say they are somewhat or very positive about autonomous cars.
- Safety is a significant concern as 63% of consumers say they won't feel safe in a fully-automated vehicle.
- 54% of potential users of self-driving taxis say they would purchase an AV, compared to 41% of non-users.
- 51% of Americans say they will likely use AR
Results show that familiarity does not translate into Pokémon Go Play:
- 81% of millennials are familiar with the game but only 22% of them are actually playing the mobile game.
And Pokémon Go can be used market to the elusive Millennial as:
- Most Americans (87%) who have played Pokémon Go are likely to use AR technology in the future thanks to their positive experiences with the game.
Finally on Drones:
- 47% of Americans are interested in the drone delivery technology
- Men (53%) and younger Millennials (72%) are much more interested in drone delivery service than other groups
- And despite the role drones already play in the medical and humanitarian sectors, only 10% of survey respondents say they'd use a drone for such deliveries.
All the survey results and infographics are available on our blog ReportLinker Insight:
- For the survey on Automated Vehicles click here.
- For the survey on Augmented Reality click here.
- For the survey on Drones click here.
Please let me know if you would like to receive infographics on each topic.
We are also conducting a survey on Americans' views and adoption of Virtual Reality devices that I will send you as soon as it is finalised this week.
T: +1 347 903 1913
About Reportlinker Insight:
Reportlinker Insight combines analysis and exclusive investigations. We cover innovations, social and economics megatrends to understand the world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.reportlinker.com/insight/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ces-2017-are-americans-ready-to-adopt-automated-vehicles-drones-and-augmented-reality-300385805.html