DENVER, July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CH2M HILL (www.ch2mhill.com), a global full-service consulting, design, construction, and operations firm, is using its presence at this year's SEMICON West and Intersolar North America conferences to share experiences in advanced technologies related to design and site development of semiconductor, solar and nanotechnology research and manufacturing facilities. The July 10-12 conferences are at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California.
As an active designer and constructor of research and manufacturing facilities in the semiconductor, solar and nanotechnology markets, CH2M HILL will have experts in all three industries on hand in the company's exhibit (booth 5435) in the Moscone Center's SEMICON West section. Throughout the three-day dual conference, CH2M HILL's specialists will be available to answer questions and for media interviews on a variety of timely topics related to semiconductor, solar and nanotechnology. These include:
- 450mm semiconductor manufacturing. CH2M HILL is currently involved in a number of projects central to the semiconductor industry's transition to 450mm wafer production. The company will share insights into such topics as automated material handling systems, manufacturing execution systems, structural building requirements and contamination control criteria as they relate to advanced technologies and 450mm manufacturing environments.
- Energy, water and wastewater reduction. As the availability and cost of energy and fresh water become increasingly problematic in many parts of the world, CH2M HILL is developing leading-edge water and wastewater initiatives for semiconductor and solar manufacturers that can enable significant water savings to manufacturers.
- Nanotechnology. CH2M HILL can share insights gained from its wide variety of nanotechnology facility design experience in China, the UK, Korea, Egypt, Denmark, Australia and the U.S. The company's current projects support advanced extreme ultraviolet lithography to produce semiconductors 14 nanometer and below critical feature sizes using 450-millimeter substrate technology. Other current CH2M HILL nanotechnology projects include the Australian Institute of Nanoscience for the University of Sydney, a development lab for China's largest nano/MEMS manufacturing hub and the National Graphene Institute (NGI) at The University of Manchester in the UK to advance development of grapheme, the world's strongest, thinnest and most conductive material.
- Site Selection. CH2M HILL's site selection expertise includes a great deal of knowledge and experience related to economic development and creation of mutually beneficial solutions involving incentives and legislative actions supporting site selection for both new and existing technology sites.
- Solar energy. CH2M HILL's design of international solar manufacturing facilities and our development of new technology tools to support the U.S. Department of Energy's Solar America Communities program to accelerate the adoption of solar energy throughout the U.S.
- Sustainable facility design. CH2M HILL has developed many innovative energy-saving facility design approaches including, airflow modeling and energy modeling to reveal hidden strategies for enhancing a facility's energy efficiency. The company will also offer knowledge about its design of award-winning renewable energy industrial parks such as Colorado's Niobrara Energy Park and Nevada's Star Peak Energy Center.
- Intelligent transportation infrastructure. CH2M HILL has collaborated with government officials, universities and auto manufacturers to develop new models and technologies for managing electric vehicle transportation.
Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, USA, employee-owned CH2M HILL is a global leader in consulting, design, design-build, operations, and program management for government, civil, industrial and energy clients. With US$6.4 billion in revenue and 30,000 employees, CH2M HILL is an industry-leading program management, construction management and design firm, as ranked by Engineering News-Record and named a leader in sustainable engineering by Verdantix. Visit us at http://www.ch2mhill.com, twitter.com/ch2mhill and facebook.com/ch2mhill.
SOURCE CH2M HILL