WASHINGTON, Oct. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Parents do the best they can when it comes to teaching their children about life's important lessons beginning with how to cross the street safely and get enough sleep. But most parents don't tell their children anything about saving for retirement in part because they aren't doing a good job of it either. According to a 2014 survey conducted by The Employee Benefit Research Institute, about 64 percent of Americans admitted that they had not put any money aside for retirement. Meanwhile, 60 percent of those surveyed said they had less than $25,000 in their retirement fund.
With those concerning statistics in mind, Rodger Alan Friedman, CRPC®, has put together a special report listing 12 keys to successful retirement planning anyone can use no matter how close or far away they are from retiring.
He is available to discuss:
- Why the prospect of not having a paycheck for 30 years ought to concern everyone who doesn't want to end up living in their kid's basement.
- Why the failure to consider long-term care insurance is akin to an ostrich sticking his head in the sand.
- Why what you don't know about social security claiming benefits could fill a small high school gymnasium.
- The myth of the perfect investment and why it is important to speak with an advisory team to create a portfolio consisting of different types of investments.
- Excellent free web sources for pre-retirees and retirees.
A free copy of Friedman's special report, "The 12 Keys to Successful Retirement Planning Your Parents Didn't Teach You," can be obtained by visiting his website www.ForgingBondsofSteel.com.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rodger Alan Friedman is a chartered retirement planning counselor and financial advisor with more than 30 years' experience in the industry. He is the author of two books FORGING BONDS OF STEEL: How to Build a Successful and Lasting Relationship with Your Financial Advisor and "FIRE YOUR RETIREMENT PLANNER YOU! : Concise Advice on How to Join the $100,000 Retirement Club.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chartered-retirement-planning-counselor-rodger-alan-friedman-offers-12-retirement-planning-tips-your-parents-didnt-teach-you-300339056.html
SOURCE Rodger Alan Friedman