Check out the Reynolds Center's schedule of free training in business journalism
PHOENIX, July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- If your training budget's been squeezed, the Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism can help with free training in business journalism. Check its six-month schedule of training, taught by award-winning journalists and professors.
It also offers training in how to track companies' influence on politics at the SPJ/RTDNA Excellence in Journalism Conference in Fort Lauderdale and in how to be an entrepreneur and cover the economy better at the UNITY Convention in Las Vegas.
In addition, it has a free, live webinar on telling great stories with Diana B. Henriques , longtime New York Times writer and best-selling author. Other free webinars will help you delve into SEC filings and find economic stories in Bureau of Labor Statistics and Census data.
And it offers all-expenses-paid, intensive training in financials in Phoenix.
REYNOLDS CENTER'S FALL TRAINING SCHEDULE
Learn in just one hour a day with these free webinars:
- Finding Local Jobs Stories in BLS Data, July 10.
- Telling Great Stories, Aug. 13
- Finding Local Economic Stories in Census Data, Aug. 28.
- SEC Filings Master Class, Nov. 13-15.
- Investigating Public Pensions, Dec. 4.
And don't miss these workshops:
- The Business of Me and Occupy UNITY: Covering the Economy Better: UNITY, Las Vegas, Aug. 1. Conference registration required.
- Tracking Companies' Influence on Politics: Ft. Lauderdale, Sept. 20. $25 fee.
- Dig Deeper: Ratios and Red Flags in Financial Statements: New York, Sept. 27. Free.
- Be a Better Business Watchdog – CAR for Business Journalists: Missoula, Mont., Oct. 6. Free.
- Business Journalism Boot Camp: Portland, Ore., Oct. 13. Free.
- The Economics of Every Story: JAWS, Albuquerque, N.M., Oct. 26. Conference registration required.
Apply today for all-expenses-paid financial training:
- Strictly Financials Seminar: Phoenix, Jan. 2-5. Deadline: Nov. 1.
To suggest topics for training or host a workshop, please contact Executive Director Linda Austin at 602-496-9187. Please sign up for biweekly updates on upcoming free training and follow us @BizJournalism.
ABOUT THE REYNOLDS CENTER
Since 2003, more than 15,000 journalists have learned to cover business better through free training from the Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism. The center is at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University's Phoenix campus. The center offers regional workshops and Webinars, as well as daily tips at BusinessJournalism.org.
It is funded by the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation, a national philanthropic organization founded in 1954 by the late media entrepreneur for whom it is named. Headquartered in Las Vegas, it has committed over $115 million nationwide through its Journalism Program.
SOURCE Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.