LOS ANGELES, June 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As the largest scuba retailer in North America, Sport Chalet has all the essentials for those looking to take the underwater plunge. Adventure seekers can get scuba certified, rent equipment or purchase their own scuba gear from premier specialty sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet either in-store or online to prepare for a dive.
"Scuba diving is the perfect activity for those who want to do more than just swim on the surface," said Sport Chalet Scuba Expert Seton Kidd. "To make the most out of a dive, it's important to have the proper knowledge and gear. Beginning divers who take an introductory scuba course while equipping themselves with the right products will have a more comfortable, enjoyable time with the activity."
For the novice diver, free Discover Scuba Diving classes take place every third Saturday at select Sport Chalet locations offering an introduction to the basics of scuba. For more seasoned divers, the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course and other specialty certification courses are also available.
Kidd provides a go-to scuba gear guide for people who want to get started:
- Dive in comfort with the Aqua Lung Men's 7MM Full Jumpsuit or the Aqua Lung Women's 3MM Hydroflex Wetsuit. Both suits provide super-stretch neoprene and a three way zipper shield that minimizes water entry for flexible dive at any depth in both warm and cold water.
- Experience effortless kicking with the lightweight, high performance Mares Volo Power Open Heel Fins that include an anatomic foot pocket, which makes for a smooth glide through the water.
- Swim among the sea's wildlife safely without worry of needing to adjust the regulator mid-dive with the Aqua Lung Legend ACD Regulator. This regulator is smaller and lighter than other models on the market and includes a venturi switch to prevent air from free flowing while at the water's surface.
- Descend into deep waters with the Aqua Lung Lotus i3 Women's or Aqua Lung Dimension i3. The patented mechanical weight system and inflation and deflation systems allow for maximum control when coming up to the surface or plunging into the water.
- Capture underwater adventures while keeping one's hands free with the Octomask Frameless. Not only does the mask protect the diver's eyes and nose, it is also made to mount a GoPro camera to film from the diver's perspective.
- Share epic underwater photos at the click of a button with the waterproof Watershot Housing for iPhone. The case protects an iPhone to depths up to 130 feet and is compatible with a variety of lenses that make it easy to get the perfect shot.
- Track strides from the depths of the sea with the Suunto D6i Dive Computer, which comes with a 3D digital compass, four dive modes and a dive planner to make the most of an underwater adventure—while still being attractive enough to wear when on land.
For more information on scuba gear, scuba certification courses and general scuba advice, visit Sport Chalet's Dive Center. Sport Chalet also rents scuba equipment in store for divers who want to test gear prior to purchasing. To find the nearest Sport Chalet store, visit www.sportchalet.com. For additional media inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet (Nasdaq: SPCHA, SPCHB) is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 50 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
SOURCE Sport Chalet