Cheers Magazine Announces 2013 Beverage Excellence Award Winners The on-premise industry's highest honors for beverage alcohol program operators
NORWALK, Conn., Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cheers magazine, the only beverage business publication devoted to full-service restaurants, bars and hotels, announced the winners of its 2013 Cheers Beverage Excellence Awards program. The awards will be presented to the winners at the annual Cheers Beverage Conference, held on Feb. 12-13 in Dallas at the Crowne Plaza Downtown.
The 2013 Cheers Beverage Excellence Award winners are:
- Best Chain Overall Beverage Program: Hard Rock Cafe
- Best Chain Spirits Program: Celebrity Cruises
- Best Chain Drink Program: Omni Hotels & Resorts
- Best Chain Wine Program: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Chain Beer Program: Ruby Tuesday
- Best Chain Hotel Beverage Program: J.W. Marriott San Antonio Hill Country
- Best Chain Signature Drink Program: Tavistock Restaurants
- Best Chain Beverage Merchandising Program: Carrabba's Italian Grill
- Best Chain Staff Training Program: Marriott International
- Best Chain Bar-Kitchen Synergy: InterContinental Hotels Group
- Best Chain Adult Alcohol-Free Program: Red Lion Hotels Corp.
- Raising the Bar Award: Kip Snider, director of beverage, Yard House Restaurants
- Beverage Industry Innovator of the Year: Tippling Brothers
The Cheers Beverage Excellence Awards program is open to all chain restaurants. A chain is defined as an operation with five or more locations in two or more markets. The chain must be in existence for at least three years.
The criteria for these awards are based on a particular program's creativity, originality and impact on the sales and profitability of a full-service restaurant operation. Other factors considered include the level of marketing support, staff training and overall operator commitment to the initiative. Entries were evaluated by a judging panel that includes previous Beverage Excellence Award winners and Cheers staff.
Contact: Melissa Dowling, editor
203-855-8499 x. 223
SOURCE Cheers Magazine