WASHINGTON, March 30, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- ChemStewards®, the environmental, health, safety and security management program for the Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA), is pleased to announce a new process for members applying for the program's highest honor, the Excellence Tier.
"In an effort to assist members in achieving continuous improvement in their facilities, all of our members can now apply for the Excellence Tier on a voluntary basis," said Dr. J. Holland Jordan, Managing Director of ChemStewards. "The new process is more customized and allows members to showcase the areas in which they excel. As facilities strive to go above and beyond, this new standard will encourage members to share their success stories of exceptional EHS&S efforts."
Previously, Excellence Tier applications were based only on the company's ChemStewards metrics. "The new process allows them to include their own company metrics for consideration in the judging process," Jordan said. "Members can also demonstrate their improvement in moving from mostly lagging indicators to leading indicators, which focuses more on future safety performance and continuous improvement, which is at the very core of what ChemStewards is all about."
ChemStewards is a three-tier program – Fundamentals, Enhanced Performance and Excellence. As part of the new process, participants that have already achieved the Tier II, or Enhanced Performance, can apply for the Excellence Tier.
To be eligible for the ChemStewards Excellence Tier, a facility must:
- Complete all requirements for Tier II certification.
- Describe how the facility has exhibited continuous improvement over two or more years in each category: Environmental, Personal Health and Safety, Process Safety. A facility may provide one or more areas of improvement under each category.
- Must be either tiered under the Department of Homeland Security's Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) or perform SOCMA's Site Vulnerability Assessment (SVA).
- Must not be subject to a process safety-specific Chemical Safety Board recommendation.
- Must not be delinquent on ChemStewards obligations.
ChemStewards members can fill out the new Tier III application, located in the ChemStewards Portal, beginning April 1. Deadline for submissions is May 1.
Excellence Tier facilities will receive a plaque and be highlighted in SOCMA and ChemStewards publications and social media platforms.
Please contact ChemStewards for more information.
Since 1921, SOCMA has represented a diverse membership of small, medium and large chemical companies located around the world. www.socma.com
Director, Marketing and Communications
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chemstewards-announces-new-excellence-tier-application-process-300431986.html
SOURCE Society of Chemical Manufacturers & Affiliates