Chesapeake Hospitality Announces Top Performers at 19th Annual General Manager's Conference
GREENBELT, Md., Aug. 16 /PRNewswire/ --Officials of Chesapeake Hospitality, a highly ranked third-party hotel management company, today announced the names of its top performing hotels and operators, each of whom was formally recognized during the company's 19th annual general managers conference held recently in Maryland.
"Our top performing properties and general managers continue to outpace the industry in terms of marketshare and guest satisfaction scores, impressive results achieved during one of the most difficult operating environments in our industry's history," said Kim Sims , Chesapeake president. "While it is important for us to recognize these individual accomplishments, the real winners here are our owners and guests who continue to be the beneficiaries of some of the highest standards of operating excellence in the hospitality industry."
All winners were selected on performance-based criteria. This year's winners include:
- John Eliot ; Holiday Inn Laurel East, Md.—New Comer of the Year/New GM Award (awarded to the hotel with the highest combination score of guest satisfaction, sales and marketing, brand citizenship and financial performance within the first 18 months of a new general manager's start date)
- Bill Winn , Holiday Inn Brownstone Raleigh, N.C.—Overcoming Adversity Award (awarded to the property in the most difficult competitive position with the highest positive market share)
- Rick Guttenberger ; Shell Island Resort Hotel, N.C.—Most Improved Award (awarded to the property with the highest Year-Over-Year non-ramp-up share gain based on Smith Travel Research T12 reports )
- Rod Musselman ; Hilton Savannah Desoto , Ga.— Guest Service Excellence (awarded to the hotel with the largest increase in Year-Over-Year guest service scores based on brand defined measures)
- Mike Keeler ; Hilton Wilmington Riverside, N.C.—Forecast Excellence Award (awarded to the hotel based on trailing six month forecast results from 60 days out to actual date)
"With hotels finally beginning to see improvements in occupancy and rate, depending on market, excellent operating practices become more important than ever as a way to gain a competitive edge during the recovery," Sims added.
About Chesapeake Hospitality
Headquartered in Greenbelt, Md., just outside of Washington, D.C., Chesapeake Hospitality is a mid-sized, third-party hotel management company with a proven track record in both full- and select-service hotels. Ranked in the top 50 largest independent operators, the company manages properties under the Hilton, Starwood and InterContinental Hotel Group brand families. For additional information, visit the company's website: www.chesapeakehospitality.com.
SOURCE Chesapeake Hospitality
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.