Chicago Hotspot Yusho To Make Las Vegas Debut At Monte Carlo
Restaurant To Feature Japanese-inspired Street Food In A Fun And Approachable Setting
Click to Tweet: #Yusho @MonteCarloVegas will bring approachable flavors of Japanese street food to the #Vegas Strip bit.ly/1g2Ym4Q
LAS VEGAS, March. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Yusho, the Japanese-inspired grill and noodle house by renowned Chicago chef Matthias Merges will make its Las Vegas debut at Monte Carlo in April 2014.
The approachable menu will include varieties of fresh seafood, poultry, meats and vegetables, cooked-to-order over a chattering fire, along with house-made pickled vegetables, noodles and steamed buns. The high-energy venue will offer guests a variety of social experiences positioned right in the heart of The Strip.
Visitors can choose which scene they want to focus on at Yusho – the prime location for people watching on the outdoor patio, panoramic views of the open kitchen as chefs create delicious dishes or comfortable seats at the bar as skillful bartenders serve handcrafted cocktails, Japanese beers or a refreshing sake selection. Whichever they select, the Yusho experience will be unlike any other on the Las Vegas Strip.
The restaurant is part of a major transformation taking place at the resort as the entire front facade is recreated into a gathering place where visitors can take in the city's robust sights, sounds and flavors. In addition to Yusho, the new plaza will feature a variety of casual restaurants, bars and eateries all opening this spring.
Yusho's playful 250-seat venue, designed by Rachel Crowl of FC Studio, was inspired by vintage industrial spaces, anime and Japanese ramen shacks making it a vibrant setting suited for any outing. Tables strategically placed around the exposed kitchen area will provide guests a front row seat to the culinary action while cozy corners throughout the main dining room are available for those that desire a more intimate dining experience. Yusho will be open daily for dinner.
"Yusho exemplifies the energy we will bring to the new venues at the front of Monte Carlo," said Monte Carlo General Manager Patrick Miller. "Unexpected yet flavorful combinations in each dish at Yusho, paired with an electric restaurant atmosphere that delivers great food and drinks will make Yusho a dining destination for visitors from around the world."
Chef Merges added, "My travels throughout Japan, Singapore and mainland China inspired me to create a concept that expresses my personal interpretation of traditional Japanese cuisine. I am delighted to introduce Yusho to the Las Vegas market and I believe the restaurant will fit in seamlessly with the culinary experiences in development at Monte Carlo as well as appeal to guests and tourists from all over the world that visit the city."
Merges first gained national recognition for his work at Chicago's Charlie Trotter's, a AAA Five Diamond Award-winning restaurant. During Merges' tenure, the restaurant was a recipient of 11 James Beard Association awards. FOOD & WINE magazine named the Chicago outpost of Yusho among its "Best Restaurants" for 2012 and Eater National acknowledged the Las Vegas location as one of the "Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2014."
The menu is broken down into five categories: Pickles and Relish, Noodles, Grilled + Fried, Steam Buns and Sweets each offering delicious selections sure to satisfy a variety of palates. Items include:
- 2x Fried Chicken, made with fermented chili, green tea and seasoned with a sprinkling of lime zest;
- Logan Poser Ramen, a robust soup featuring crispy pork shoulder croquette, poached egg, nori and cucumber created in response to a critique that anyone making ramen outside of Japan was a "poser";
- Charred Octopus, grilled to perfection over an open flame and served with green beans, crisp enoki mushrooms and topped with a light ponzu vinaigrette;
- Marinated Eggplant Steam Bun, filled with Japanese mint, plums and broccoli;
- Doughnuts, sweet treats made with tofu, sweet potato and a hint of rosemary.
Yusho's design balances texture and color through the use of exposed brick walls, natural wood surfaces, stained concrete floors and warm-hued upholstery, used to highlight the restaurant's open-flame cooking style. Whimsical comic book-themed watercolor paintings by Chicago artist Sarah Beacon as well as bright barstools and chairs adorn the space adding eye-catching pops of color. The vibrant restaurant's four unique dining environments will include:
- Kitchen area: Tables located around the exposed kitchen present prime views of the skilled chef team grilling and preparing menus items. Guests seated in this area will get a behind-the-scenes look at the culinary magic.
- Bar: Guests may score insider tips as they watch knowledgeable bartenders mix handcrafted libations and serve a variety of Japanese sakes and beer at this interactive, high-energy space.
- Main Dining Room: Those looking to dine in a quieter, more intimate environment can take refuge in the cozy corners of the central portion of the venue. Others may opt for seating in the open area, ideal for surveying the action taking place in all quarters of the restaurant.
- Patio: The spacious outdoor patio located right in the heart of the bustling Strip will provide the ideal spot for enjoying the beautiful Las Vegas weather. Shaded areas protect from sun and rain, creating a comfortable and enjoyable al fresco dining experience year-round.
About Monte Carlo
Offering unpretentious luxury at an affordable price, Monte Carlo features 2,992 deluxe rooms and suites including the exclusive HOTEL32 at the top of the resort. Monte Carlo is home to the entertainment phenomenon Blue Man Group, a tranquil spa, lush pool and tantalizing restaurants and nightlife including the award-winning French cuisine of Andre's, The Pub and Diablo's Cantina, d.vino Italian Food & Wine Bar and Dragon Noodle Co. & Sushi Bar. Monte Carlo will unveil a new outdoor plaza on Las Vegas Blvd in spring 2014, featuring a variety of culinary venues in a casual and interactive environment. Monte Carlo is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM).
SOURCE Monte Carlo Resort and Casino