SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., May 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced large orders of both Axon Body 2 cameras and TASER X2 Smart Weapons from the Chicago Police Department. The order, which includes 784 TASER X2 Smart Weapons and 2,031 Axon Body 2 cameras with 5 years of unlimited storage on Evidence.com, comes amid a national push to update law enforcement technology that is now extending beyond body cameras to encompass entire interoperable platforms designed to collect, manage and share digital evidence. The TASER X2 Smart Weapons shipped in the first quarter of 2016 and the Company expects the Axon Body 2 cameras to ship in the second and third quarters of 2016.
TASER's latest Axon Body 2 camera, now being shipped to police agencies, is part of the growing Axon platform that connects cloud, mobile and other wearable technologies like the TASER X2 Smart Weapon to give police agencies a true end-to-end solution.
"We're nearly doubling the number of Smart Weapons for officers not just because they are safer and more effective, but because of the way they can now integrate with the rest of our technology," said Chicago Police Department Deputy Chief Jonathan Lewin. "Between the body cameras, Smart Weapons and other devices there's a significant amount of digital evidence that needs to be managed and we're looking forward to leveraging the Evidence.com secure cloud platform to seamlessly manage this data in a secure, scalable and efficient manner."
"The future of policing is more than just body cameras and Smart Weapons and we're thrilled to be working with the Chicago Police Department that sees the value of the Axon Platform as a better way to collect, manage and share digital evidence," said TASER CEO and co-founder Rick Smith. "By combining cameras, smart weapons, and Evidence.com in this way it's possible to get the absolute best out of each individual technology that promotes a safer, more effective and transparent police force."
About Axon & Evidence.com Platform:
Thousands of law enforcement agencies to date are now utilizing the Axon platform, allowing them to seamlessly integrate software and hardware to enable powerful capabilities. The Axon platform connects technology and people in order to create safer communities.
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi to better track and manage data
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes silo'ed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Connected Ecosystem - From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AxonTechnology
- TASER on Twitter: https://twitter.com/OfficialTASER
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps. More than 165,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.taser.com and www.axon.io or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER, Axon, and Evidence.com are trademarks of TASER International, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and in other countries. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chicago-pd-deploys-x2-smart-weapons-and-axon-body-2-cameras-connected-to-evidencecom-cloud-platform-300263372.html
SOURCE TASER International, Inc.