Chicago reveals Top Doctors of 2014
CHICAGO, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Chicago magazine kicks off the new year with its biennial list of Top Doctors, as recommended by physicians themselves, featuring 495 standout doctors – 100 primary care doctors and 395 specialists – from throughout the Chicagoland area.
On newsstands Thursday, the January issue also uncovers the driving force behind Chicago's Whitney M. Young Magnet High School basketball phenom Jahlil Okafor and takes readers on a journey through his young life, revealing such life-shaping experiences as witnessing the devastating death of his mother.
In the story Life Through A Leica, renowned photojournalist Art Shay pays tribute to his late wife of 67 years, Florence Shay – a well-known rare book dealer in Highland Park, showcasing nine wide-ranging photos of her from his personal collection. Throughout his 70-year career, Shay has shot movie stars and presidents, but Florence was always his favorite subject. The touching series portrays bittersweet loss and, in return, aims to enhance our own existence.
Other stories from the January issue of Chicago magazine include:
- Best Spa Escapes – Once the exciting holiday months have passed, escape the cold this winter by visiting one of these 12 great warm-weather getaways. From destination spa retreats to local spas within driving distance, there's an escape for every budget.
- Real Estate: Want to Sleep with Mies? – With 33 Mies van der Rohe buildings in Chicago, eight of them residential, Chicago magazine's real estate expert Dennis Rodkin takes an inside look at the pros and cons of buying a Mies apartment.
- Music: On the Record – Vinyl is back with a vengeance and there's a store on this list for every kind of listener from the jazzhead to the rock enthusiast. Plus, six record store pros suggest 12 great albums to check out today.
- Climate: Going to Extremes - How much more freakish will Chicago's weather get? Weather experts reveal their predictions for what Chicago should expect over the next 30 years.
- Dining: 25 Best Restaurants highlights the hot dining establishments everyone is talking about and suggests eight cozy nooks with roaring fireplaces to curl up to this winter.
Chicago magazine's editor-in-chief Elizabeth Fenner and other members of the magazine staff are available for on-air interviews about stories in the January issue. Contact Carmen Rivera at 312-832-6763 to schedule an interview. For more information on Chicago magazine, visit chicagomag.com
About Chicago magazine
Chicago magazine, the nation's largest city monthly, launched in 1970 and has been owned by Tribune Company since 2002. Together with its website, chicagomag.com, Chicago spurs intelligent conversation about the city's influencers, zeitgeist-defining trends, and civic controversies through award-winning, in-depth journalism. Just as important, it helps readers live better by producing the area's most authoritative coverage of the best in food, art, and urban life. Always insightful, at times provocative, Chicago magazine is as dynamic as the city that inspires it.
About Chicago Tribune Media Group
Chicago Tribune Media Group publishes the Pulitzer Prize-winning Chicago Tribune as well as related print and interactive media serving Chicagoland such as RedEye, Hoy, Triblocal, TheMash, Naperville magazine, chicagotribune.com, triblocal.com and metromix.com.
SOURCE Chicago magazine
More by this Source
Chicago Unveils Best New Restaurants
Apr 15, 2014, 15:18 ET
Best Places to Live in Chicagoland
Mar 17, 2014, 11:36 ET
Chicago Unveils 2014 List of 100 Most Powerful People in Town
Feb 17, 2014, 15:53 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.