Chili's® Grill & Bar Spices Up Menu with Eight New 'Fresh Mex' Offerings From Fresh Mex Bowls to Enchiladas and Southwest Pairings, guests' senses will ignite for the flavor and the value
DALLAS, Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Known around the world for bold flavors distinctive of the Southwest, Chili's® Grill & Bar is expanding the breadth of 'Fresh Mex' offerings like only Chili's can do. Beginning Jan. 20, guests can enjoy a number of new, Tex-Mex inspired menu items aimed at appealing to both Chili's enthusiasts as well as those guests looking for something different to satisfy their evolving tastebuds.
Today, Chili's menu items like fajitas, quesadillas and tacos are consistent guest favorites, making up a significant portion of the brand's entree mix. Chili's new Fresh Mex Menu leverages this position of strength and differentiation by adding a variety of classic and relevant dishes reflective of the Southwest. For instance, Chili's is embracing consumers' preference for enjoying a compilation of Tex-Mex ingredients in a bowl by showcasing the dish with the brand's signature fajitas.
Chili's chefs spent several months perfecting the layers of bold flavors to ensure the new Fresh Mex Bowls deliver on guests' expectations of this popular menu trend. The result is two entrees featuring fresh, house-made ingredients blended together to bring forth the tastes of the Southwest in every bite.
Chili's Fresh Mex Bowls are served with marinated grilled chicken, but can also be customized to guests' liking with other proteins such as grilled shrimp or steak. Offered any time of the day and as part of Chili's Lunch Combos, which comes with soup or salad for $7, Fresh Mex Bowls are available in two flavors:
- Chipotle Chicken Fresh Mex Bowl – marinated grilled chicken, house-made corn and black bean salsa, rice and chipotle pesto layered with cheddar cheese, house-made pico de gallo, fresh field greens, chopped cilantro, crispy tortilla strips, fresh sliced avocado and a drizzle of cumin-lime sour cream.
- Margarita Chicken Fresh Mex Bowl – marinated grilled chicken, house-made corn and black bean salsa, rice and black beans topped with house-made pico de gallo, fresh field greens, chopped cilantro, crispy tortilla strips, fresh sliced avocado and a drizzle of margarita sauce.
"Based on consumer feedback, Fresh Mex is one menu category where guests fully welcome Chili's innovation as it builds off core brand equity of Chili's Tex-Mex heritage and the distinct tastes of our culinary profile – bold, fresh and flavorful," said Krista Gibson, senior vice president of brand strategy for Chili's Grill & Bar. "The new Fresh Mex Menu is a win for guests because it delivers on key consumer benefits of great tasting and craveable flavors that are freshly prepared, customizable and offered at a strong value."
In addition to the latest menu items, Chili's is leveraging the Fresh Mex category to introduce a new value-offering which plays to consumers' desire for customization. During lunch or dinner, guests can now create their own Southwest Pairing, choosing from two or three entrees to enjoy with rice and blacks beans starting at $8.
With more than 250 different combinations, the Southwest Parings Menu features several items for guests to choose from including new dishes like:
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada – filled with seasoned chicken and Monterey Jack cheese and topped with green chile sauce, melted three-cheese blend, chopped cilantro, house-made corn and black bean salsa.
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada – filled with seasoned chicken and Monterey Jack cheese and topped with sour cream sauce, melted three-cheese blend, chopped cilantro, house-made corn and black bean salsa.
- Beef Enchilada – filled with taco seasoned beef, three-cheese blend and onion and topped with ancho sauce, melted three-cheese blend, chopped cilantro, house-made corn and black bean salsa.
- Cheese Enchilada – filled with a three-cheese blend and diced onion and topped with ancho-chile sauce, melted three-cheese blend and chopped cilantro.
- Tostada – Taco seasoned beef or seasoned chicken with fresh shredded lettuce, house-made pico de gallo, three-cheese blend and black beans topped with chopped cilantro, fresh avocado slices and a drizzle of cumin-lime sour cream on a crispy corn tortilla dusted with southwestern spices.
- Crispy Taco – Taco seasoned beef or seasoned chicken, fresh shredded lettuce, three-cheese blend, house-made pico de gallo, chopped cilantro and a fresh avocado slice in a crispy corn tortilla dusted with southwestern spices.
For guests who prefer to leave the customization to Chili's, the brand's Beef, Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas are also available as stand-alone entrees. Baked-to-order and served three to a plate, this classic, Mexican dish is completed with rice and black beans.
Chili's® Grill & Bar is the flagship brand of Dallas-based Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE: EAT), a recognized leader in casual dining. Chili's offers a variety of Southwestern-inspired, classic American favorites at nearly 1,600 locations in 33 countries and two territories. In addition to Chili's, Brinker owns and operates Maggiano's Little Italy®.
At Chili's, More Life Happens Here℠ around every table, every day, at every Chili's across the country. Guests are encouraged to share their stories of More Life Happening at their restaurant by connecting with the brand on Chili's blog (blog.chilis.com), Facebook (http://facebook.com/chilis), Twitter (http://twitter.com/chilis), YouTube (http://youtube.com/chilis) and Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/chilis). For more brand-related information, please visit http://www.chilis.com.
SOURCE Chili's Grill & Bar