BEIJING, Jan. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- China Finance Online Co. Limited ("China Finance Online", "we" or the "Company") (NASDAQ GS: JRJC), a leading web-based financial services company that provides Chinese retail investors with access to securities, commodities and wealth management products, successfully hosted "Leading China 2014: Financial Industry Innovation Forum" on December 25, 2014 at China World Hotel in Beijing.
Regulators and guests from the State Council of People's Republic of China, China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC), China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC), Association of Chinese Insurance Industry, Tsinghua University PBC School of Finance and executives from Chinese securities firms and commercial banks, among others, made important speeches covering topics including online securities, peer-to-peer lending, crowd financing, on-line banking and securities settlement systems. The Company also demonstrated our new and applauded Investment Masters (iTougu) application at the summit.
"2015 will be an exciting year for the Chinese financial industry as new rules and policies keep rolling out," Mr. Zhiwei Zhao, our Chairman and CEO stated. "As a leading online financial services company in China, China Finance Online will continue to take advantage of rapid financial reforms, and will furnish new products and services utilizing technologies in the mobile internet, big data and social network paradigms."
About China Finance Online
China Finance Online Co. Limited is a leading web-based financial services company in China. The company provides Chinese retail investors with online access to securities, commodities and wealth management products, as well as financial database and analytics services to institutional customers. The Company's two prominent flagship portal sites, www.jrj.com and www.stockstar.com, are ranked among the top financial websites in China. In addition to the web-based securities trading platform, the Company offers basic financial software, information services and securities investment advisory services to retail investors in China. Through its subsidiary, Shenzhen Genius Information Technology Co., Ltd., the Company provides financial database and analytics to institutional customers including domestic financial, research, academic and regulatory institutions. China Finance Online also provides brokerage services in Hong Kong. For more information, please visit http://www.chinafinanceonline.com/.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Among other things, this release contains the following forward-looking statements regarding:
- our prospect on our investment advisory service application or "Investment Masters (iTougu)", its features, functions and integration with our existing financial services;
- our prospect on attracting investors to use the "Investment Masters (iTougu)" application;
- our ability to take advantage of rapid financial reforms;
- our prospect on furnishing new products and services utilizing technologies in mobile internet, big data and social network paradigms; and
- the market prospect of the business of internet and mobile finance.
Such statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, which risks and uncertainties include, among others, the following:
- the changing customer needs and demands, regulatory environment and market condition that we are subject to;
- the uneven condition of the world and Chinese economy that could lead to volatility in the equity markets and affect our operating results in the coming quarters;
- the impact of the changing conditions of the Chinese stock market, Hong Kong stock market and global financial market on our future performance;
- the unpredictability of our strategic transformation and growth of new businesses, including our online securities trading services and platform;
- the prospect for China's high-net-worth and middle-class households;
- the competition we are facing in the new business of internet finance and online securities trading;
- wavering investor confidence that could impact our business; and
- possible non-cash goodwill, intangible assets and investment impairment may adversely affect our net income.
Further information regarding these and other risks is included in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual report on Form 20-F under "Forward-Looking Information" and "Risk Factors." The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable law.
Investor Relations Contact:
Ms. Yiwen Zhang
China Finance Online Co. Limited
SOURCE China Finance Online Co., Ltd.