NEW YORK, April 25, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The May 2014 issue of NewsChina magazine is released. The current issue highlights the following headline topics:
The cover story "Under the Microscope" features China's 2014 Two Sessions, as the annual meeting of China's National People's Congress (NPC) and Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) in Beijing are known, are perhaps the clearest public window into discourse on Chinese government policy and its implementation, typically drawing comprehensive media coverage in both State and non-State media.
The section highlights the following articles:
- Growth or Reform China's leadership are trying to give themselves some wiggle room in balancing frequently conflicting objectives.
- New Hints After a year of practice in its defense and foreign policies, China's new leadership reaffirms its proactive approach at the National People's Congress.
Additionally, three personalities are also featured in the "Two Sessions" section.
- Road Warrior One outspoken official has spent ten years trying to put the brakes on China's "corruption on wheels."
- Tough Question At the yearly session of China's top legislation, one delegate is demanding answers.
- Toothless, But not Voiceless This delegate to the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) still believes that talking can make a difference.
Politics: 'Man of the People' Xi Jinping's series of unannounced photo-ops in Beijing marks an unprecedented shift in the PR efforts of China's usually secretive leaders.
Economy: Rallying Cry Privately-owned Chinese car brands hope to take the fight to their foreign and joint-venture competition. Will they be able to level the playing field?
Editorial: Livelihoods are improved through practices, not promises Pledges are certainly welcome, but delivering on them would be even more so.
Commentary: The college entrance exam keeps China's universities stuck in the past Uniformity leads to ossification even through some provinces are allowed to administer their own test, independent of the national one.
NewsChina (ISSN 1943-1902) is a globally distributed, current affairs magazine, published monthly in English. Its goal is to provide timely direct insight into today's modern China. The magazine was launched in New York, August of 2008 by China Newsweek Corp. Today it is widely available in bookstores, airports, train terminals, libraries, and newsstands. NewsChina is distributed in the United States, China, Canada, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Lebanon, Singapore, Thailand, India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, and Philippines. NewsChina is also available by subscription. For subscription call (U.S.) 1-877-467-1758, (Outside U.S.) 1-731-434-1108. Online: www.newschinamag.com
Media Contact: Fred Teng, NewsChina magazine, 1-212-481-2510, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE NewsChina magazine