LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Crop farming in China will be one of the main topics of this newsletter which will help you stay ahead of the game in this fast-changing market with real-time reporting on the entire agriculture industry chain, from seed markets to the downstream food and feed markets..
Here is the Editor's Note for you to know about the March issue specifically:
· China's agriculture includes four industries, namely crop farming, forestry, animal husbandry, and fishery. Of these, crop farming plays an important role, and it is the basis of the whole agriculture.
· In China, the total output value and compound annual growth rate of crop farming accounts for over 50% of that of agriculture respectively.
· In 2004-2013, the compound annual growth rate of China's agriculture reached 27.71%.
· The control and prevent of pests and diseases as well as the application of fertilizers mostly affect the development of crop farming.
· As a result of the laboratory studies and actual application studies, Crop Farming China E-News will publish scientific research and academic dynamics related to pests & diseases control and prevention or fertilizer application.
Headlines relevant to this issue:
· In Jan. 2017, China imported 6,433 tons of pesticide formulations, down 7.05% YoY (year on year); import value hit USD55.64 million, up 4.24% YoY.
· The export volume and value of pesticide formulations was 1 36,426 tons and USD368.6 million, up 32.74% and 21.42% YoY respectively.
· As of 2 March, 201 7, wheat stripe rust has occurred in 8 provinces, 65 cities and 290 counties involving Hubei, Henan, Sichuan, Yunnan, Guizhou, Shaanxi and Gansu provinces, with an occurrence area of 0.17 million ha (2.55 million mu), representing a YoY increase of 2.5 times, 1.3 times more than that of two weeks before.
· This year witnessed the largest occurrence area and widest occurrence range of the disease among the recent years, which also indicates prominent tendency to spread northward and eastward, posing enormous threats to the main production areas of wheat.
News from AgroPages:
· In Jan. 2017, Beijing Kingbo developed physcion 0.1 % AS, the first plant virus resisting agent for agricultural UAVs and marketed it to overseas markets. Now, the company is applying for related patent for the product.
· Stockton, specializing in the development and marketing of botanical based pesticides, has signed a long-term non-exclusive distribution agreement of Timorex Gold biofungicide with Chongqing Shurong in the field of professional crop protection uses in
edible crops in China.
· According to the report presented by Tim Hassinger, president and CEO of Dow AgroSciences, at the 2017 Global Agriculture & Chemicals Conference held by the Bank of America Merrill Lynch during 1-2 March, 2017, Dow AgroSciences is expected to gain USD2 billion sales growth from new products by 2020. Some USD1.4 billion will generate from the company's four new crop protection products, and USD600 million will be contributed by its seeds pipeline.
Here are more Headlines:
· On 24 Feb., 2017, the 6th Farmers' Favorite Pesticide Brands and the 5th Chinese Users' Favorite Agricultural Machinery Brands in 2016 were held at the Beijing Convention Center. Many products of the well-known enterprises won the award.
· Bayer and Monsanto are pushing for the selling of their assets of USD2.5 billion while seeking a regulatory clearance through a merger of USD66 billion.
· During 1-2 March, 2017, The monthly operation analysis meeting of Mindleader as well as the task schedule signature ceremony
was held in Beijing.
· Shanghai released the List of Highly Recommended Pesticides in 2017, among which 11 foreign-funded pesticide companies' products were listed. They are DuPont, Syngenta AG, Dow AgroSciences LLC, Sipcam SPA, BASF, Bayer CropScience AG, FMC Corporation, BioWorks, Inc., Hokko Chemical Industry, Co., Ltd., Nissan Chemical Industries, Ltd. and Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
· According to Mu Canxian, president of Mindleader, the price of pesticide technical should rebound in 2017 after the downturn in 2015 and 2016. At present, except for individual pesticide technical prices are hyped up, most of them return to a normal level.
· Han Changfu, minister of the MOA said that in 2016 China first realized zero growth of pesticide usage, rural land transfer must protect the rights and interests of farmers, and China's grain output fell for the first time last year was the result of government's active adjustment.
· The Guangxi Plant Protection Station claimed that in 2016, Guangxi had achieved good results in implementing the Action on Zero Growth of Pesticide Usage Amount. The results indicate that total usage amount in the region is reduced by 1,062.58 tons when
compared to last year, an decrease of 7.17%. In addition, low-toxicity and less-persistent pesticides usage amount accounts for 86.33% of all pesticides consumption.
· On 11 March, 2017, Hunan Province released the work points of plant protection and quarantine in 2017, which put forward that the development goals of "three increases and two decreases" would be strived to achieve.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chinas-crop-farming-total-output-value-and-compound-annual-rate-accounts-50-in-agriculture-300457759.html