Choctaw Casino Pocola Celebrates Grand Opening with Ribbon Cutting Phase I highlights include beautiful exterior and new options for gaming and dining
POCOLA, Okla., Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Pocola's favorite casino has a brand new home. Choctaw Casino in Pocola, Okla., one of eight casinos operated by the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma, is celebrating the grand opening of the first phase of a multi-million dollar expansion on Saturday, Dec. 1 with a ribbon cutting ceremony at noon.
"This expansion has made Choctaw Casino Pocola a first-class entertainment destination with diverse gaming, new dining options and a brand new exterior and casino floor," said Gregory E. Pyle, Chief of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma. "We're proud to finally open the doors to this beautiful new casino floor, and we know this multi-million dollar project will benefit our guests, as well as southeast Oklahoma and the River Valley region."
New gaming options include:
- A roomier slot floor
- A high-limit gaming area
- A 12-table pit featuring craps, blackjack, three card poker and roulette
New architectural features include:
- A water feature with custom-made sculptures of Choctaw ponies
- A prominent porte-cochere
- A spacious grand entry with an oversized fireplace and an open gallery space
- A new Rewards Club Center
- Branches Trading Post, a gift shop offering Native American crafts, sundries and logo apparel
New dining options include:
- Seven Ponies, a three meal restaurant with a casual dining experience for breakfast & lunch and a specialty-dining, steakhouse environment with a chef-driven menu at dinner
- Oak Tree Lounge, a key focal point of the new architectural design that is at the center of the casino floor action
The second phase of the project, slated for completion in spring 2013, will include more than 145,000 square feet of casino and hotel space, a 118 room hotel with 10 suites and two luxury suites, additional dining options with Gilley's and Trophy's Bar and Grill, a 600-space parking garage and expanded event and meeting spaces.
The construction project was designed by Denver-based Worth Group Architects and is being built by Tulsa-based Manhattan Construction. Choctaw Casino in Pocola, Okla. neighbors historic Fort Smith, Ark. at 3400 Choctaw Road off of I-540.
About Choctaw Casino in Pocola, Oklahoma
Choctaw Casino in Pocola, Okla. is one of eight casinos operated by the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma. It offers slot machines, including progressives, high-stakes and penny slots, as well as table games including Craps, Blackjack, Three Card Poker, Bonus Hold'em and Roulette. Choctaw Casino in Pocola, Okla. also houses several on-site bars and restaurants. For more information on Choctaw Casino in Pocola, Okla. visit www.choctawcasinos.com.
SOURCE Choctaw Casino Hotel