RALEIGH, N.C., Nov. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- | Christian News Service | —Faith Driven Consumer™ (FDC)—representing 41 million Christians who spend $2 trillion annually, has earned wide recognition for rating major brands in the consumer and entertainment spheres, and serving as a megaphone for the community. Last week, the group announced the first annual Faith Equality Index (FEI) which rates more than 330 major brands for compatibility with Faith Driven Consumers. Armed with an easy tool to choose where to shop, the group is now focusing its efforts on mobilizing Faith Driven Consumers in a massive #ChristmasBUYcott.
"Faith Driven Consumers are one of the largest minority market segments in the U.S., and have $30 billion dollars to spend this Christmas. Empowered with the Faith Equality Index, they represent an economic power block significant enough to create big winners in the marketplace," said Chris Stone, Certified Brand Strategist and founder of Faith Driven Consumer. "A BUYcott offers our community a positive, proactive way to affect change, and we will absolutely use this opportunity to make progress toward our goal of achieving equality for Faith Driven Consumers."
To see the campaign website, go to http://christmasbuycott.com.
The four steps involved in the national #ChristmasBUYcott campaign:
- STEP 1: PETITION — Sign the petition asking brands to engage FDCs
- STEP 2: ENGAGE — Contact "Best in Class" brands in a show of support
- STEP 3: RECRUIT — Recruit family and friends to do the same
- STEP 4: LEAD — Gain FDC Plus Points and compete in leaderboards
Faith Equality's Christmas Season Best in Class:
- Airline: JetBlue
- Automotive: Honda
- Banking: BB&T
- Beauty: Revlon
- Beverage: Pepsi
- Cable/Satellite: Dish Network
- Computer: Samsung
- Consumer Goods: Reckitt Benckiser
- Craft Store: Hobby Lobby
- Credit Card: MasterCard
- Department Stores: Dillard's
- Electronics Retail: hhgregg
- Fast Food: Chick-fil-A
- Food: Tyson Foods
- Health Insurance: Humana
- Home Improvement: Menard's
- Hotels: Hilton
- Insurance & Investments: Geico
- Mail Delivery: USPS
- Mega Retail: Walmart
- Office Supply: Office Depot
- Pharmaceutical: Astra Zeneca
- Restaurant: Cracker Barrel
- Retail Pharmacy: Walgreens
- Travel Booking: Priceline
- Wireless Carrier: Sprint
The $30 billion Christmas spending estimate for Faith Driven Consumers is based on a CNBC report on Christmas spending, which estimates $765 per person to be spent this season.
Faith Driven Consumer (FDC) is working to achieve marketplace and workplace equality for 41 million consumers who spend two trillion dollars annually. FDC envisions a world where inclusion is extended with parity to people of faith, who have the right to be celebrated as an essential color in the American rainbow of diversity.
Phone: (919) 645-0771
SOURCE Faith Driven Consumer