Chrysler Group LLC Opens Mopar® Operations in Argentina and Brazil Global Expansion of Mopar Brand Continues
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- 3,000 sq. meter facility in Argentina
- 4,500 sq. meter facility in Brazil
- More than 30,000 parts
- Facilities to support Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram Truck brands
- More than 50 Mopar parts distribution centers worldwide
After recently opening Mopar® facilities in China and the United Arab Emirates, Chrysler Group LLC today announced the opening of Mopar parts distribution centers in Argentina and Brazil.
"We are opening Mopar operations in Argentina and Brazil in order to further support our network of dealers and customers in these growing markets," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "We will continue to look for strategic opportunities to provide even more support for our customers around the world."
The parts distribution center in Argentina is located in General Rodriguez, Buenos Aires. The 3,000 sq. meter facility will distribute more than 10,000 part numbers to more than 25 dealer locations. The 4,500 sq. meter facility in Brazil is located in Louveira, Sao Paulo, and will move more than 20,000 parts to support 30 dealers.
With more than 500,000 parts, Mopar has more than 50 parts distribution centers worldwide. Recently, Chrysler Group LLC and Fiat S.p.A. opened a 16,000 sq. meter parts distribution center in Shanghai and an 18,000 sq. meter facility in Dubai. In total, both facilities move more than 65,000 parts to support Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram Truck and Fiat brands.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A. partnership, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Combined with Fiat S.p.A., Mopar's global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories which are distributed in more than 120 countries. Mopar is the source for all genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A. brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A.vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at http://www.mopar.com.
75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s – the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth "package cars" equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of "special parts" for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC