Chrysler Group LLC Releases Sketches of Mopar-modified Vehicles Headed for SEMA
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The aftermarket is not an after-thought at the Chrysler Group.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120927/DE81826-a )
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120927/DE81826-b )
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120927/DE81826-c )
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120927/DE81826-d )
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120927/DE81826-e )
Today the company released sketches of select Moparized vehicles that are headed for the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas. The show takes place Oct. 30 through Nov. 2 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
"At Mopar, we always look forward to the SEMA season," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "The show is an opportunity for us to inspire owners to customize their vehicles, and it's the perfect place to showcase our vast portfolio of quality-tested performance parts and accessories."
The company will display more than 20 Moparized Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Fiat and SRT vehicles at the show.
This year marks the 75th anniversary of the Mopar brand.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format and first to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA partnership, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Combined with Fiat SpA, Mopar's global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 120 countries. Mopar is the source for all genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA vehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s — the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth "package cars" equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of "special parts" for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC