Cielo S.A.: 14.4% Increase In Financial Volume And EBITDA Margin At 51.4% In 4Q12
BARUERI, Brazil, Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cielo S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: CIEL3 / OTC: CIOXY) announces today its results for the fourth quarter and year of 2012. The Company's consolidated financial statements are presented in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and in accordance with the accounting practices adopted in Brazil.
- Transaction financial volume under the market criterion totaled R$106.9 billion, up 12.5% or R$11.9 billion year-on-year; under the accounting criterion, the volume was R$104.4 billion, up 14.4% year-on-year;
- Net Operating Revenue of R$1.6 billion, up 33.5% or R$402.9 million year-on-year and 20.1% or R$268.9 million quarter-on-quarter;
- EBITDA of R$826.2 million, up 26.2% or R$165.1 million year-on-year and 5.6% or R$43.7 million quarter-on-quarter;
- EBITDA margin at 51.4%, down 3.5 p.p. year-on-year and 7.1 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo's net income totaled R$610.3 million, up 21.0% or R$105.8 million year-on-year and 3.6% or R$21.4 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo's net income margin at 38.0%, down 3.9 p.p. year-on-year and 6.0 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo raised US$875 million from its first bond issue overseas. The bonds are due in 10 years and will pay an annual yield of 3.75%, the lowest rates ever seen in history, for a Brazilian company funding in the international market;
- Cielo announces a partnership with Planet Payment, the leader company in international multi-currency and payment processing, focusing mainly in foreign tourists that will visit Brazil during the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympic Games;
- Cielo announces partnership with Facebook to develop B2B2C (business-to-business-to-consumer) services for social engagement in the digital age. Unprecedented in Brazil and the world, the partnership brings a new dynamic to consumption at the point of sale and an innovative way for merchants to relate with customers
Click on the link below to open the earnings release: http://cielo.riweb.com.br/ShowResultado.aspx?IdResultado=2CMrUaAlOskuf1gju/%20/Bg==&linguagem=en
4Q12 Earnings Conference Call
February 07, 2013
09:00 a.m. (NY) | 12:00 p.m. (Brasilia)
Phone: +1 786 924-6977
07:30 a.m. (NY) | 10:30 a.m. (Brasilia)
Phone: +55 11 4688 6361
Investor Relations Director
+55 11 2596 1735
SOURCE Cielo S.A.
More by this Source
Cielo: 12.2% Increase in Financial Volume and Net Income of R$641 Million in 1Q13
May 02, 2013, 19:50 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.