LONDON, Nov. 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Zambia is a large and relatively prosperous country in southern Africa with a moderately sized cigarette market. The cigarette market is intrinsically linked to the country's economic performance and as a result has experienced high levels of growth in recent years. The market reached a peak of 1.5 billion pieces in 2013 due to the strong Zambian economy and the introduction of the minimum wage. However, tax rises, contraband from Zimbabwe, and the growth of RYO tobacco is hindering the cigarette market's ability to grow legitimately in the country. Overall, the market is expected to decline in the short term but see modest growth in the long term as consumers' disposable incomes also grow.
- BAT Zambia controls most of the market with 89.6% share as of 2015.
- Of the Zambian population, 12.2% smoke, as of 2014, which is relatIvely high for an African nation.
- Cigarette production ceased in 2007 and the market is served wholly by imports.
- Market volume stands at 1.4 billion pieces as of 2015.
Cigarettes in Zambia is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Zambian market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4389265/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cigarettes-in-zambia-300368589.html