NEW YORK, March 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Although it is the largest in Western Europe and the second largest in the world, after the US, the German cigars and cigarillos market experienced a sharp drop in production in 2012, as output fell by 13.5% to 2,548 million pieces. It is expected to continue gradually declining in volume terms.
- The German market differs from most other cigar markets due to the existence of a substantial eco-cigarillo (economy cigarillos) sector. Eco-cigarillos accounted for 69.2% of total market volume in 2014, with classic cigars and cigarillos forming just 30.2% of volume
- The overall volume of cigar and cigarillo sales dropped by 42.1% in the first quarter of 2015 compared with the same period in 2014, and was 30.5% down in the second quarter of the year
- Import levels of cigars and cigarillos in Germany have more than doubled from 2004 (22.2%) to 2014 (50.5%). This was partly down to higher eco-cigarillo imports.
- Cigars and cigarillos export volume was 8.3% down at 1,591.4 million pieces in 2014, while export tonnage was 10.6% down, with 2,833 tons of cigars and cigarillos exported that year.
"Cigars and Cigarillos in Germany", is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the German market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Dutch marker is key to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and identify where to compete in the future
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03688700-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001