CipherCloud Delivers Encryption for Box, Further Extending Cloud Information Protection Addition enables real-time AES 256-bit encryption to Protect Data in Box; Customers Retain the Encryption Keys; Users experience fully preserved
SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, has delivered AES 256-bit encryption to its existing Box offering, the premier enterprise solution for cloud collaboration. Now 180,000 Box customers can further refine their policy controls and extend even greater protection to their sensitive information.
CipherCloud is unique in providing integrated AES 256-bit encryption, as an option to protect data, in Box. The encryption keys are retained by the customer – enabling them to have complete control over their data and assuring compliance of their sensitive information. While files are encrypted in Box, they can still be easily accessed and decrypted by authorized users from anywhere, on any device.
While others vendors tout server-side or file sync-and-share (FSS) encryption for cloud storage and collaboration, both approaches contain pitfalls and risks including the cloud provider holding onto the keys, insider threats, and the complexity of administering. CipherCloud's offering enables tighter data privacy, security and compliance and ensures that the customer is always in control of their information.
CipherCloud is seamlessly integrated to Box and completely transparent to users while preserving the benefits of Box and assuring that no third parties can gain unauthorized access to an organization's information. The solution fully leverages Box APIs to scan content in real-time as it is uploaded and detects sensitive information based on the organization's policies, including industry and country regulations – GLBA, PCI, HIPAA, the EU Data Protection Act, UK ICO guidance, the Australian Privacy Amendment Act and US State Privacy Laws.
"Box is growing rapidly in popularity among organizations as they look to improve employee collaboration and productivity while lowering costs," said Pravin Kothari, founder and CEO of CipherCloud. "But making this transition to the Cloud also raises new and significant risks to the security, privacy and compliance of essential corporate information stored in the cloud."
Based on a customer's policies, CipherCloud can enforce a range of actions including alert, block, restrict sharing, quarantine, or automatically encrypting sensitive files. All actions and alerts occur through the familiar Box interface along while preserving the ease-of-use that makes Box so popular.
CipherCloud also provides unprecedented visibility for a customer into their Box usage with drill-down reporting and security dashboards that track user activity, file content, DLP violations and security anomalies.
CipherCloud for Box
CipherCloud delivers protection to sensitive information in the cloud through a ground-breaking technology that enables organizations to securely adopt cloud applications. CipherCloud's technology protects information in real time, before it's sent to the cloud, using operations-preserving technology.
Key Benefits of CipherCloud for Box
For customers, the solution contains many advanced information protection capabilities based on an open security platform.
1. Strong Encryption – Delivers AES 256-bit an open industry standard as defined by NIST under FIPS-197. This encryption based on policies is applied to any file uploaded into Box.
2. Enterprise Class Key Management – Enables key management controls to ensure that the customers always retains control of their data, while supporting the NIST SP 800-57 standard.
3. Cloud Data Loss Prevention – Supports out-of the box and custom DLP policies that scan, detect and take action to protect sensitive information in any field or document; integrates with existing DLP systems such as Symantec or RSA via the ICAP protocol.
4. Cloud Malware Detection – Includes integrated malware protection preventing viruses from spreading via Box with zero-day protection against cloud viruses, spyware, Trojans, bots, rootkits and more.
5. Real-Time and On-Demand Scanning – Delivers DLP scanning as the files are uploaded into Box with minimal latency. In addition, on-demand scanning is available for content already in Box folders, making it easy to add new users, or run audits on specific folders.
6. Unrivaled Visibility and Security – Delivers deep visibility into all user interactions with Box through extensive, configurable reporting.
7. Seamless User Experience & Support for BYOD – Is completely transparent to users, supporting access from any location or device. The solution delivers protection through direct integration with Box APIs.
CipherCloud will demonstrate the offering at booth #16 at BoxWorks 2013 (September 17-19 I Hilton Union Square) in San Francisco, CA. More information on the offering is also available on the website.
CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, enables organizations to securely adopt cloud applications by overcoming data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance risks. CipherCloud delivers an open platform with comprehensive security controls, including AES 256-bit encryption, tokenization, cloud data loss prevention, cloud malware detection and activity monitoring. CipherCloud's ground breaking technology protects sensitive information in real time, before it is sent to the cloud, while preserving application usability and functionality.
CipherCloud has experienced exceptional growth and success with over 2 million business users, more than 250 million customer records, in over 10 industries, and with marquee customers around the globe.
The CipherCloud product portfolio protects popular cloud applications out-of-the-box such as Salesforce, Chatter, Box, Google Gmail, Microsoft Office 365, and Amazon Web Services. Additionally, CipherCloud Connect AnyApp and Database Gateway enable organizations to extend data protection to hundreds of third-party cloud and private cloud applications and databases.
CipherCloud, named as SC Magazine's 2013 Best Product of the Year, is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.
Director of Corporate Communications