SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SALESFORCE.COM DREAMFORCE – CipherCloud, a leader in cloud information protection, today announced it has launched an industry first cloud data discovery solution on salesforce.com's AppExchange. Through this new offering, CipherCloud is extending its cloud information protection platform to provide customers with additional layers of visibility and control of their data residing in Salesforce. This solution, the first to be announced since CipherCloud achieved ISV partner status, will be demoed in booth #N1919 at the Dreamforce Expo (Nov. 18-21, 2013).
Built on the Salesforce Platform, the world's leading cloud platform for social and mobile business apps, CipherCloud is available for test drive and deployment on the AppExchange.
Comments on the News
- "We continue to strengthen our salesforce.com collaboration, which was built on delivering innovative cloud encryption and tokenization on AppExchange," said Pravin Kothari, founder and CEO of CipherCloud. "Recently, in October, we formalized our salesforce.com ISV partnership. Today's announcement reinforces our commitment to enable Salesforce users to proactively defend their intellectual property, personally identifiable information and other forms of sensitive data from a broad range of security and compliance risks."
- "The future of enterprise apps is social, mobile and connected," said Leyla Seka, vice president, AppExchange and Partner Operations, salesforce.com. "CipherCloud is leveraging the power of the Salesforce Platform to enable additional cloud protection options to help mutual customers continue collaborating and innovating in the cloud."
Product Key Features
- These capabilities provide customers with enhanced intelligence into and controls for information shared on the cloud.
- Data discovery checks log files against defined data loss prevention (DLP) policies to surface violations at the data level.
- User activity monitoring continuously tracks and analyzes usage and behavior patterns.
- Anomaly detection reports potential abuse and mis-use of access to protected data.
Additionally, CipherCloud cordially invites Dreamforce attendees to enjoy:
- A table talk on Monday, November 18, 2013 (11:30 am - 1:30 pm) in the Main Tent of the Yerba Buena Gardens
- A joint panel with NTT on "Taking Your Software to the Cloud Securely" on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 (12:30-1:30 pm) at Moscone West, Booth 3024
- A joint cocktail reception with our partner, Cloud Sherpas, on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 (5:30 - 8:30 pm) at B Restaurant & Bar on 720 Howard St.
Dreamforce 2013 is the world's largest vendor technology conference, and expects more than 120,000 people to register to attend this year's 11th annual conference and experience the power of social and mobile cloud computing and connect with their customers in a whole new way. With more than 1,100 sessions and 350 cloud companies in the expo, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, thousands of live demos and unparalleled networking. In addition, Dreamforce welcomes special guests Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook; Marissa Mayer, President and CEO of Yahoo!; and Deepak Chopra, Founder of The Chopra Foundation. Dreamforce 2013 offers attendees everything they need to accelerate their customer company transformation in four days, under one roof.
- Register for Dreamforce: www.dreamforce.com
- Become a fan of Dreamforce on Facebook: www.facebook.com/dreamforce
- Follow @Dreamforce on Twitter: www.twitter.com/dreamforce
- Follow CipherCloud on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ciphercloud
About the AppExchange
The Salesforce AppExchange is the world's leading business apps marketplace. With more than 2,000 partner apps and 2 million customer installs it is the most comprehensive source of social and mobile cloud apps for business. The Salesforce Platform is the world's most trusted and comprehensive cloud platform for building social and mobile cloud apps, powering Salesforce CRM, and more than 3 million custom apps built by customers and partners. Apps built on the Salesforce Platform can be easily distributed and marketed through salesforce.com's AppExchange.
Salesforce, AppExchange and others are among the trademarks of salesforce.com, inc.
CipherCloud, a leader in cloud information protection, enables organizations to securely adopt cloud applications by overcoming data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance risks. CipherCloud delivers an open platform with comprehensive security controls, including AES 256-bit encryption, tokenization, cloud data loss prevention, cloud malware detection and activity monitoring. CipherCloud's ground breaking technology protects sensitive information in real time, before it is sent to the cloud, while preserving application usability and functionality.
CipherCloud has experienced exceptional growth and success with over 2 million business users, more than 250 million customer records, in over 10 industries, and with marquee customers around the globe.
The CipherCloud product portfolio enables additional protections for popular cloud applications out-of-the-box such as Salesforce, Salesforce Chatter, Box, Google Gmail, Microsoft Office 365, and Amazon Web Services. Additionally, CipherCloud Connect AnyApp and Database Gateway enable organizations to extend data protection to hundreds of third-party cloud and private cloud applications and databases.
CipherCloud, named as SC Magazine's 2013 Best Product of the Year, is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.