ORLANDO, Fla. and HANNOVER, Germany, Mar. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterprise Connect, CeBIT -- Unify, a leading communications software and services firm, continues its drive to enable effortless communication with the announcement of the latest enhancements to Circuit, Unify's next-generation communication and collaboration platform. Since its launch in Oct. 2014, Circuit has revolutionized team collaboration for today's digital workplace and the features made available today extend the experience to more business applications and media.
Today's digital workplace promises more agile and productive organizations, but also requires that company cultures support the way people really work, with flexible employee practices and effective collaboration tools. Circuit brings together critical communication apps under one easy-to-use interface, including voice, video, screen-sharing, chat and file sharing. Circuit works likes the brain does, storing and managing information through associations and conversations. It removes the burden of app switching so people can focus on connecting, innovating and collaborating.
"People's lives and their work are now more integrated than ever before," said Dean Douglas, CEO at Unify. "With the numerous apps people have to switch between and manage in order to work, technology has become a distraction. Now, with Circuit, workers have a more natural, collaborative and seamless work-life experience that combines critical business applications in a single platform, empowering them to make work-life better."
Circuit makes it easy for people to radically improve their efficiency and productivity at work. Significant new capabilities have been added, including Circuit Enterprise Integrator, our open approach to all Circuit integrations, which integrates the Circuit cloud service seamlessly into on-premise infrastructure such as any Unify or third-party telephony system or corporate identity management solution. Circuit also now enables users to share files on a Box drive seamlessly inside a Circuit conversation. Finally, Circuit has extended its single-pane-of-glass experience to encompass external team members, more devices and media, including an Android app, enabling the many enterprise users of Android devices to now take full advantage of Circuit while mobile. These capabilities provide Circuit users a more productive and natural user experience while collaborating inside and outside their organizations, without compromising security and reliability.
"We have team members located across four continents, so the ability for us to easily communicate and collaborate, is essential," said Leonard Pascual, Chief Executive Officer of A Sound Look, Inc. "Prior to Circuit, we were using multiple separate apps in order to do so, such as Skype, Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and texting. With Circuit, we now have one app to collaborate, enabling us to connect instantly via video conference at any time of day, and we can move conversations with us between devices. Circuit has greatly improved our work-life integration and the productivity, and enjoyment, of our work."
As part of Unify's focus on providing open platforms and applications, and extending its innovation eco-system to embrace expertise from the broader development community, Circuit now also includes Circuit Labs. It offers users the opportunity to try beta features and provide feedback to the developers, speeding the development process and ensuring customer-focused solutions. It also allows Circuit development partners to share Circuit extensions and connectors prior to mainstream availability.
Key new Circuit capabilities include:
- Circuit Enterprise Integrator:
- Universal Telephony Connector – Circuit now works seamlessly with any Unify or third-party SIP voice platform. Circuit users can easily connect with anyone outside of Circuit, from their Circuit client using the PSTN and can use Circuit as their preferred client to receive and make calls on their published PBX phone number.
- Microsoft Exchange Contacts Connector – Circuit users can click-to-call key non-Circuit contacts from their personal and global Exchange contact list.
- Box Connector – Circuit users can now share files stored in Box with anyone in a Circuit conversation in the same way they could drop files directly into Circuit.
- Guest access – Circuit users can invite external parties as a "guest" to join them in a Circuit voice, video and screen sharing real-time group conversation.
- Meeting Recording – The audio portion of meetings can be recorded, stored and listened to within the conversation thread by everyone in the Circuit group conversation.
- Android – To improve mobile worker productivity, Circuit will be available in April as a native Android app in addition to the already available native iOS app.
- Circuit Labs – Circuit users and eco-system partners now have the opportunity to preview Circuit's latest features or connectors and provide feedback prior to mainstream availability.
"Circuit offers a compelling solution for seamless, real-time collaboration that works in a way that people want to work today," said Michael Brandenburg, industry analyst with Frost & Sullivan. "These new capabilities extend the value of Circuit by allowing users to connect with their existing business applications and telephony solutions, which is absolutely key to driving adoption and use."
For more information on Circuit, and to sign up for a free trial, please visit www.yourcircuit.com. Join the conversation on Twitter at #NW2W.
Unify is one of the world's leading communications software and services firms, providing integrated communications solutions for approximately 75 percent of the Fortune Global 500. Our solutions, including Circuit, unify multiple networks, devices and applications into one easy-to-use platform that allows teams to engage in rich and meaningful conversations. The result is a transformation of how the enterprise communicates and collaborates that amplifies collective effort, energizes the business, and enhances business performance. Unify has a strong heritage of product reliability, innovation, open standards and security.