City of Pueblo and Historic Pueblo, Inc. chosen for 2013 Governor's Award for Historic Preservation
Colorado's archaeology and historic preservation achievements to be acknowledged at 27th annual preservation awards ceremony February 6
DENVER, Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- History Colorado will honor outstanding people and projects that preserve and protect Colorado's diverse history and heritage at History Colorado's 27th Annual Historic Preservation Awards Ceremony, with the Governor's Award for Historic Preservation going to the City of Pueblo and Historic Pueblo, Inc. for the Pueblo Neighborhood Heritage Enhancement Project.
The Governor's Award for Historic Preservation exemplifies the best in historic preservation with regard to historic design and craftsmanship, proper preservation techniques and ethics. Lieutenant Governor Joe Garcia is scheduled to present this year's Governor's Award. Also receiving an award are:
- History Colorado President's Award
- George Eckhardt, Colorado College Campus Planner for the preservation and restoration of historic buildings owned by Colorado College.
- Stephen H. Hart Award for Archaeology
- Dr. Jason LaBelle of Colorado State University for his statewide archaeological efforts.
- Stephen H. Hart Awards
- City of Fort Collins, Carol Tunner, Deborah Uhl and Old Town Square Properties, Inc. for the restoration of the Coca-Cola/Angell's Delicatessen Ghost Sign.
- University of Denver-Department of Anthropology, United Mine Workers of America and the National Park Service for the Ludlow Tent Colony Site.
The ceremony takes place on February 6 at the History Colorado Center, coinciding with Colorado Preservation Inc.'s 2013 Saving Places conference.
The evening celebration is administered by the State Historical Fund (SHF), a program of History Colorado, and many of the projects receiving awards have been funded in part by SHF grants.
Learn more about the Preservation Awards Ceremony on our website
To see more pictures of the award winners visit our flickr page for the
About History Colorado
Established in 1879, History Colorado—formerly the Colorado Historical Society—preserves Colorado's rich heritage through the State Historical Fund, the Office of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, collections stewardship, statewide museums, and special programs for students, educators, and visitors of all ages. History Colorado is headquartered in the History Colorado Center, 1200 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203, in Denver's Golden Triangle Museum District. Find History Colorado on Facebook at Facebook.com/HistoryColorado and Twitter @HistoryColorado. For more information, visit www.HistoryColorado.org, or call 303/HISTORY.
Shannon Haltiwanger, Preservation Communications Manager
(303) 866-2049, email@example.com
SOURCE History Colorado
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.