Clarion Gets Animated with New 2011 In-Dash Navigation Units Offering a Unique and Vividly-Interactive Touch Panel Experience
CYPRESS, Calif., Jan. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Clarion Corporation of America, a leader in the mobile electronics industry, announces the introduction of two all-new premium in-dash navigation units with advanced high-resolution widescreen VGA touch panel displays, a full-featured active GUI with unique HMI graphics to control all navigation, multimedia and connectivity features.
The NX501 and NZ501 boast ultra-vibrant screens with 4 times the clarity of their predecessor models. The high-resolution unique HMI graphics offer discrete animated icons with intelligence and touch confirmation for error-free operation. The powerful navigation is 4GB in size, stored on a front panel MicroSDHC card making it easily upgradable and offers industry's highest number of points of interest, an impressive 15 million POIs. The main source screen is customizable and has animated icons with flick operation for fast scrolling. The dual zone control makes it easy to pipe video to the back seats whether it is a DVD movie, iPod video or MP4 Video on USB.
The Clarion navigation source units offer convenient connectivity options including built-in Parrot-Branded Bluetooth for Hands-Free calling and Stereo Audio Streaming, are HD Radio and Sirius Direct Connect Ready and have improved iPod/ iPhone operation for unparalleled digital playback functionality and sound quality.
Clarion's NZ501 source unit offers premium audio visual and navigational power in a space-saving 1DIN unit. The motorized flip-out 7-inch widescreen VGA touch-panel touts Clarion's all-new GUI with an easy-to-use animated icon menu with all the latest built-in navigation and multimedia functions including iPod direct control via USB, iPod video playback capable, front AUX input, rear vision camera RCA input, rear USB, and is OEM steering wheel remote control ready.
"These flagship units represent the commitment to innovation and creativity that Clarion is known for," states Adam Thomas, VP Marketing. "The new animated user interface embodies Clarion's philosophy of HMI and it will truly excite consumers. It will bring back the fine art of showing off your new car stereo!"
The NX501 offers all of the same great features as the NZ501 but in a larger 2DIN package. The NX501 offers a fixed 6.2-inch high-res widescreen VGA touch-panel control monitor with Parrot Bluetooth technology built-in.
Clarion's NX501 and NZ501 are truly extraordinary navigation units and will ship in the first quarter of 2011.
NX501 Unique Features: M.S.R.P. $999.99
- 2DIN Multimedia with built-in Navigation in one chassis
- 6.2-inch Advanced High Resolution Widescreen VGA Touch Panel with Full-Color animated GUI
NZ501 Unique Features: M.S.R.P. $999.99
- 1DIN Multimedia with built-in Navigation in one chassis
- 7-inch Advanced High Resolution Widescreen VGA Touch Panel
- Sub Display - visible when monitor is closed
- Motorized Screen with Tilt Control
- Instant Station Recall Button (ISR)
- Dedicated Answer / Hang Up Button
Both the NX501 & NZ501 Feature:
- Built-in Navigation with GPS Receiver (U.S. 50 states, Canada & Puerto Rico) (4GB on MicroSDHC card (front-panel access)
- Voice Guidance with Street Name Announcements in 3 languages (English, French & Spanish)
- 15 million Points of Interest (POIs)
- SiRFprima® GPS receiver
- Audio status on map visual
- Built-in Bluetooth by Parrot for Hands-Free and Stereo Audio Streaming
- DVD-Video, DVD plus or minus R/DVD plus or minus RW/CD-DA, CD-R/RW, MP3/WMA playback
- Made for iPod and iPhone
- HD Radio Ready with Tagging
- Sirius Direct Connect Ready
- Audio / Video Input
- Rear Camera Input
- Rear Video Output
- Album Art
- User Customizable Wallpaper via USB
- Updateable firmware via USB
- MP4 Video Playback via USB
- Dual Zone Control
- Clock and dimmer control
- Integrated microphone on front panel with optional external microphone
- OEM Steering Wheel Remote Control Ready
- Included IR Remote Control
- Premium Audio Features
- 6-channel line outputs
- 24-bit Digital to Analog Convertors
- Beat EQ Parametric 3-Band Equalizer
- Magna Bass EX
- High-Pass / Low-Pass Filtering and Subwoofer Control
- Phase Reverse for Subwoofer
- 50W x4 Power Output
Clarion Corporation of America, headquartered in Cypress, California, is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Clarion Co. Ltd., headquartered in Saitama, which has been a consolidated subsidiary of the Hitachi Group since 2007 and an international leader in car audio and electronics since 1940. The company is involved in the research, development, engineering, design, manufacturing, sales and marketing of mobile entertainment, navigation, communication and safety and security products for the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, commercial fleet and heavy industry environments. Clarion has been the recipient of numerous awards for design innovation, support, manufacturing and product reliability from independent organizations and customers alike. The company has marketing and sales affiliates in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia. Clarion is located on the web at www.clarion.com.