LOS ANGELES, Nov. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Caitlin Sparks, General Partner at FullCycle Energy LP, is a recognized expert in clean energy development; environmental assets, markets, and policy; resource recovery and global sustainability initiatives.
"Caitlin helped launch a benchmark standard for quality renewable energy project development. She has worked with thousands of diverse stakeholders in renewable energy development, while advising state, national and international policy-makers. Her depth and breadth of experience make her an exceptional addition to our team," said Sam Tabar, General Partner.
Sparks will focus on identifying project opportunities for FullCycle's portfolio companies, including the expansion of Synova Power's waste to energy technology in the U.S.; leading the development of FullCycle Energy LP III fund; and creating innovative new fund offerings that allow broader access to direct investment in sustainable energy infrastructure. Sparks will apply her strong background in project development and finance, policy and legislation, carbon reduction, international standards, environmental assets, and client and stakeholder engagement to her new role.
"Caitlin possesses deep expertise in global regulatory and voluntary clean energy development. She will be an incredible asset to the organization as we expand in the U.S. markets and beyond," said Ibrahim AlHusseini, Founder and Managing Partner. She has over fifteen years of international business experience, with nine years of expertise in renewable energy. She has founded four companies, including Matternet Inc., a robotics company named a 2015 Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum.
- As Founder and Director at Sparks Energy Group, Sparks built and led a consulting practice focused on the development of bioenergy and biofuels.
- Sparks was a founding Board Member and Executive Officer of the Bioenergy Association of California (BAC), whose work promotes the sustainable development of bioenergy and biofuels from agriculture, municipal and forest sources.
- As Senior Vice President of Strategic Development for The Prasino Group, Sparks identified sustainable energy and agricultural opportunities in California, the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
- As Director of Commercialization at Camco Clean Energy, Sparks managed renewable energy, energy-efficiency and carbon abatement projects across five continents.
- As a Director at Gold Standard, Sparks proposed and led the growth strategy for Gold Standard's entrance into U.S. and Latin American markets.
FullCycle Energy Fund was founded in 2013 by Ibrahim AlHusseini to finance and own projects that revolutionize our relationship with waste. FullCycle invests in highly-efficient next-generation gasification projects that produce carbon negative fuels derived from MSW (Municipal Solid Waste). By combining proven gasification technology with standard tar removal procedures, FullCycle and our operating partner, Synova Power convert our growing global waste into a source of clean cost-effective energy.
Synova Power uses an innovative process to remove unwanted impurities from residual waste and turn it into clean, efficient power or chemical energy. Synova's comprehensive approach creates clean energy projects with notable benefits: attractive returns that compete with or exceed traditional fossil fuel performance; carbon-negative fuel or power; and reduced global waste and methane emissions.
Main & Rose
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/clean-energy-expert-caitlin-sparks-to-lead-us-expansion-of-fullcycle-energy-fund-300363632.html
SOURCE FullCycle Energy Fund