BRISBANE, Australia, July 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Video conversion and compression provider Clipchamp Pty Ltd have announced the release of their brand new WordPress plugin. The plugin simplifies the process of deploying the Clipchamp API on any WordPress website allowing businesses and website owners to collect user generated videos on their website without the need to engage any web development resources.
Once deployed, the plugin displays a simple button on a WordPress-based website that visitors can click to upload video files to a designated storage location. Visitors can either record videos on the spot or submit existing files. Website owners can define the upload location for the videos, including the WP Media Gallery, their YouTube channel, a Google Drive, Amazon S3 or Microsoft Azure account or a private web server. With Clipchamp all submitted videos are compressed and converted before they get uploaded to a format the website owner selects, including MP4 or WebM. The process takes place within the browser, videos get submitted directly to the website owner's cloud storage without going through Clipchamp servers, ensuring maximum privacy for end users.
The released plugin, called 'Clipchamp Video Converter and Webcam Recorder' will be available for free and is intended to be used in conjunction with any of the Clipchamp API plans available at https://clipchamp.com/pricing. All plans come with a free 30 day trial period.
User-generated videos for WordPress site owners.
The Clipchamp WordPress plugin is developed in such a way that even users who don't consider themselves to be "technically savvy" will be able to quickly install the plugin on their website or blogs.
David Hewitt, Clipchamp Sales Director, stated: "Over the last few years, companies in sectors as diverse as education, recruitment and e-commerce have seen a dramatic increase in demand for user-generated video content. The Clipchamp plugin opens up new opportunities for millions of WordPress website owners who would like to receive user generated video content such as video resumes or video feedback, changing the way businesses and consumers interact online."
The Clipchamp Video Converter and Compression plugin for WordPress offers the following benefits:
- End-users can select from a wide range of input video formats, for instance convert MOV to WMV without installing any software on their local machine.
- The video conversion and compression process runs in the user's browser.
- Files get uploaded directly from the user's device to the WordPress site owner's file storage, guaranteeing privacy.
- Users can upload videos to social media, WP Media Gallery, YouTube, Google Drive or to a range of cloud storage destinations.
- The application works on desktop and mobile.
- Website owners can customise the look and feel of the Clipchamp plugin on their WordPress site.
- The plugin runs on pure HTML5 and users don't require Flash or any other outdated technology.
- Website owners can localize the plugin and API into their local language
For full details and to install the Clipchamp plugin for WordPress simply click on the following link https://wordpress.org/plugins/clipchamp-video-converter-video-uploader-and-webcam-recorder/
Press release distributed by PRLog
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/clipchamp-plugin-for-wordpress-now-available-300293584.html
SOURCE Clipchamp Pty Ltd