"Cloud Foundry is a shining example of the power of open source and collaboration to change how organizations leverage research and development in this new world of software and services running in the cloud," said Cloud Foundry Foundation Chairman John Roese, CTO, Dell EMC Corp. "Governments and industry can accelerate innovation in creating new and better services without investing in costly and redundant underlying technology infrastructure. Cloud Foundry frees organizations to focus on what they do best."
"In 2016 Cloud Foundry emerged as the preferred cloud application platform on any public or private cloud infrastructure," said Abby Kearns, Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation. "For 2017 we are focused on ensuring the long-term success of Cloud Foundry for users, partners and vendors, while dramatically expanding the universe of developers on Cloud Foundry software. The future is digital and we urgently need a broader and more diverse talent pool globally collaborating through open source on cloud applications and innovation."
2016 Foundation Highlights:
- In November, Cloud Foundry veteran Abby Kearns was named Foundation Executive Director and Chip Childers was named CTO.
- The Foundation grew to 70 members, including new participants Allstate, Google and Volkswagen -- adding members at a pace of three new members a month, since inception.
- According to our Global Perception Study, Cloud Foundry adoption increased by nearly 20% across all deployments over the course of 2016.
- In 2016, the Cloud Foundry Project saw more than 84,000 commits to more than 400 project repositories, developed by more than 140 core committers working full-time and more than 520 community contributors that shared more than 3,000 pull requests.
- The Cloud Foundry user community grew to more than 55,000 members from 181 self-organized local groups.
- In September, Cloud Foundry Foundation and Pivotal released open source Cloud Foundry training materials, free to students across the globe.
- According to our Q4 Global Perception Study, 52% of enterprise respondents report using at least one Cloud Foundry member deployment.
About Cloud Foundry Foundation
The Cloud Foundry Foundation is an independent non-profit organization formed to sustain the development, promotion and adoption of Cloud Foundry as the industry standard platform for cloud applications. Cloud Foundry makes it faster and easier to build, test, deploy and scale applications. Cloud Foundry is an Apache 2.0 licensed project available on Github: https://github.com/cloudfoundry. To learn more, visit: http://www.cloudfoundry.org.
Cloud Foundry Foundation
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cloud-foundry-leads-2017-with-strongest-adoption-to-date-300412274.html
SOURCE Cloud Foundry