NEW YORK, Jan. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- "Vendors' returns on cloud-RAN product investments have been disappointing, despite the opportunity cloud-RAN presents to mobile network operators."
Cloud-RAN is a radical new architecture that separates the radio/antenna from the network functions, and virtualises the latter in a central location. The resulting flexibility will both enable 5G and allow operators to allocate resources where needed, enabling a far wider range of services.
This report is a companion to our previous report on the business need for cloud-RAN among mobile network operators (MNOs).1
This report focuses on the key steps that vendors in the ecosystem can take to address the barriers deterring MNOs from adopting cloud-RAN and to prepare for 5G. This report also provides an analysis of the vendors in the landscape. It provides recommendations for vendors (including vendors of RAN equipment, infrastructure processor vendors and virtualised RAN enablers).
Our research is based on several sources, including:
- a survey of 68 MNOs, which offers insight into their cloud-RAN plans, including drivers and barriers to its deployment
- interviews with vendors in the cloud-RAN market.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- Will a failure to plan for cloud-RAN compromise the 5G business case for MNOs and, if so, how?
- What are the issues facing vendors in the ecosystem and what are the barriers to deployment of cloud-RAN by MNOs?
- How can radio and IT vendors provide solutions to lower these barriers and accelerate adoption?
- What types of vendors are present in the ecosystem and what value does each type bring?
Who Should Read this Report
- CTOs, CIOs and business development executives of vendors that provide (or are planning to provide) MNOs or other operators with cloud-RAN solutions, including radio networks, cloud and IT platforms, processors and fronthaul.
- Senior executives in companies that provide RAN-managed services and network-as-a-service (NaaS).
- Executives at communications service providers (CSPs) who want an outside perspective on cloud-RAN architecture.
- Vendors (including IT and processor vendors) that want to compare their deployment timelines with those of CSPs.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04650114-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cloud-ran-vendor-landscape-how-vendors-can-support-migration-and-increase-value-300396745.html