Event to Host World's Leading Minds in Cloud Computing and Offer a Platform for Cross-Pollination of Innovation, Best Practices and Practical Solutions for Securing the Cloud
MACAU, China, Oct. 7 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) today unveiled the speaker line up and presentations for its upcoming CISO APAC Forum to be held December 17-18 at The Venetian Macau. The announcement was made at a press conference today hosted jointly with Macau SAR Bureau of Telecommunications Regulation (DSRT), Macao Computer Society (MCS) and attended by leaders of CSA Hong Kong and Macau Chapter.
Designed to be a gathering of the world's leading minds in information security and definitive authorities in cloud computing, the CSA CISO APAC Forum will be the CSA's first main event in East Asia, having held both the first CSA CISO APAC Forum last November and the inaugural CSA Congress APAC this past May in Singapore. This year's event will address, through presentations, case studies and first-hand experiences, some of the most controversial and debated topics in cloud security including panels on Cryptography and Privacy as a Business Model; Governmental Cloud Strategy and Experience Sharing; Big Data & Emerging Threats Experiences; Emerging Cyber Threats & Securing the Cloud; and The CISO Report 2013 and CISO Guide by OWASP.
"It is our mission to continue to reach out to the APAC region for contributions towards the establishment of a global trusted eco-system, as well as to review, reflect and address security, governance and policy challenges related to the APAC region, "said Aloysius Cheang, Managing Director APAC of the CSA. "This year's event will helps us do that, and far more. We look forward to bringing this event to East Asia where companies, now more than ever, are focused on keeping pace with security threats and attacks while minimizing impact on business operations."
The conference will feature some of the region's and world's most influential minds in information security and cloud computing including,
- Charles Mok, Legislative Councillor (Information Technology), Hong Kong SAR
- Daniel Lai, Government Chief Information Officer (GCIO), Hong Kong SAR
- Evelyn De Souza, Sr. Data Center Security Strategist, Cisco System
- Koji Nakao, Research Executive Director National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Ministry of International Communication, Japan and Information Security Fellow, KDDI
- Lawrence Tou Veng Keong, Director, DSRT, Macau SAR
- Noboru Nakatani, Executive Director, IGCI INTERPOL
- Tau Leng, GM Corp. Marketing & HPC Solutions, Supermicro
- Vikram Kumar, CEO, Mega.co.nz
The CISO APAC Forum will offer attendees a platform of cross-pollination of innovation, best practices and practical solutions for securing the cloud. The 2nd CSA APAC CISO Forum 2013 will focus on the security of emerging areas of growth and concern such as cybersecurity, cloud computing, mobile computing and big data. Government strategy, data and privacy issues brought about by the PRISM revelation, as well as start-up opportunities brought about by the third coming of the software industry, will be key discussion topics during the Forum. The CSA enjoys a high level of trust and recognition in the worldwide market; as such, key international CSA events such as this Forum are often used as a choice platform for the launch of CSA research and guidance reports as well as strategic announcements and establishment of partnerships.
In addition to the many conference highlights scheduled to take place at the CSA CISO APAC Forum, a number of other new initiatives, announced at today's press conference, will also be introduced at the conference as well, including:
- CSA APAC R&D Centre Launch: A center, designed to foster R&D into cutting edge cloud security technologies with intellectual property creation and commercialization, and supported by over 10 major APAC companies.
- New CSA APAC University and Research Institute Alliance: An entity designed to create an APAC research collaboration framework that will promote inter-agency research into cloud computing security and collaboration.
- CSA APAC Innovation Initiative Launch: A new initiative that will provide a strong venture capital backed start-up environment in APAC.
For additional information on the CSA CISO APAC Forum and to see the full agenda visit https://www.csa-apac.org/events/2013ciso/PDF/ForumRegistrationForm.pdf
To register for the event visit https://www.csa-apac.org/events/2013ciso/reg/index.php
Press Credentials Information
Media and analysts interested in attending the CSA CISO APAC Forum should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to receive press credentials.
About the Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. For further information, visit us at www.cloudsecurityalliance.org, and follow us on Twitter @cloudsa.
SOURCE Cloud Security Alliance