DALLAS, Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ClubCorp, a leading owner-operator of private golf and country clubs, business, sports and alumni clubs in North America, announces that its seventh annual ClubCorp Charity Classic, the company's nationwide major philanthropic open-house event, is now under way. Through Nov. 8, 2013, more than 130 private golf, business and sports clubs in the ClubCorp family across the country open their doors to an estimated 16,000 members, guests and patrons for tournaments, dining events, auctions, and social extravaganzas, all to raise money for national and local charities.
Clubs coast to coast are holding great open-to-the-public events such as:
- Metropolitan Club (Chicago) – Cocktail party featuring live artistic performances, roaming magicians and silent and live auctions (Oct. 3)
- Las Colinas Country Club (Irving, Texas) – golf, tennis round robin and a concert on the lawn (Oct. 11)
- Buckhead Club (Atlanta) – Sip, Savor and Celebrate with live cooking demonstrations from local chefs, a celebrity bartender, live music and a silent auction (Oct. 15)
- Firestone Country Club (Akron, Ohio) – Shotgun-start golf tournament on the South Course, home of the World Golf Championships – Bridgestone Invitational, plus dinner and silent auction (Oct. 17)
- Crow Canyon Country Club (Danville, California) – Golf, tennis and a carnival night with games, food and fun (Oct. 18)
- Bear's Best Las Vegas' golf tournament and NovemberFEST Beer Garden (Nov. 4)
In addition to the scheduled golf and dining events at the clubs, an online auction, beginning Sept. 23 through Oct. 4, offers an array of exciting auction items, such as:
- Seven-night Azamara Cruise for two
- Stay-and-play golf packages at world-renowned locations like Firestone Country Club, Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa, Carmel Valley Ranch, and Marival Residences and Spa
- Vacation getaways at exclusive resorts in New Orleans, Lake Tahoe, Hawaii, Puerto Vallarta and more
- Ticket packages to the South Beach Food & Wine Festival, the 2014 HP Byron Nelson Championship, Sea World and other memorable experiences
- Dining certificates at top restaurants and private dining clubs
- Golf and sports gear
Since its inception in 2007, ClubCorp's Charity Classic has raised more than $10 million benefiting charities including Muscular Dystrophy Association's Augie's Quest, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Boys and Girls Clubs, and the Employee Partners Care Foundation. The goal this year is to exceed last year's record-breaking $2.07 million.
"I am so proud of what the ClubCorp Charity Classic has become and of our clubs and their members for making this annual event so successful," said Eric Affeldt, ClubCorp president and CEO. "Each year, the clubs exceed my expectations and create even more spectacular events that benefit very worthy causes and help so many."
To learn more about the ClubCorp Charity Classic, upcoming events, and the online auction, visit http://www.clubcorpcharityclassic.com.
Since its founding in 1957, Dallas-based ClubCorp has operated with the central purpose of Building Relationships and Enriching Lives® of its members. ClubCorp owns or operates a portfolio of more than 150 golf and country clubs, business clubs, sports clubs, and alumni clubs in 25 states, the District of Columbia and two foreign countries that serve over 360,000 members, with approximately 15,000 peak-season employees. ClubCorp properties include: Firestone Country Club (Akron, Ohio); Mission Hills Country Club (Rancho Mirage, California); Capital Club Beijing; and Metropolitan Club Chicago. You can find ClubCorp on Facebook at facebook.com/clubcorp and on Twitter at @ClubCorp.