NEW YORK, Jan. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- US and international law firm Clyde & Co is pleased to announce a significant expansion in the United States with the hire of a ten-partner insurance and litigation group and the launch of offices in Chicago and Washington, DC.
The group, which includes a number of other attorneys and staff, joins from Troutman Sanders LLP. It comprises highly regarded insurance coverage, trial and litigation teams, with a focus on financial lines, professional lines, directors & officers and general liability work for US and international insurance carriers, professional services firms and corporations.
Simon Konsta, Clyde & Co Senior Partner, says: "To be joined by a team of this size and calibre represents another significant milestone in our US growth story. We are committed to continuing to invest in the United States and having this group on board, which includes a number of leaders in their fields, provides us with the opportunity to further broaden and deepen our global offering for our clients."
The expansion is the latest growth for Clyde & Co in the US and follows the opening of a Miami office in July 2016. The firm now has eight offices and nearly 50 partners and 200 legal professionals nationally in offices including San Francisco, Newport Beach, Atlanta, New York City and New Jersey.
The joining team includes four partners in Chicago and six partners in Washington, DC.
The four partners in Chicago are:
- Eileen King Bower is currently office managing partner and has a general liability and professional liability practice.
- Clint Cameron will also lead the Chicago office. He practices mass tort and pollution general liability coverage litigation, with particular experience in large asbestos cases.
- David Cutter has a broad national insurance litigation practice representing insurers in D&O, professional liability, and general liability matters and also advises on broader litigation and transactional risk matters.
- James Sanders primarily represents insurers in complex, high-stakes insurance coverage litigation, with an emphasis on long-tail environmental and toxic tort claims.
The six partners in Washington, DC are:
- Jack Gerstein is a renowned trial lawyer with a diverse litigation practice across professional liability, insurance, toxic torts, commercial fraud and product liability.
- David Gische has an insurance coverage and coverage litigation practice involving directors and officers and professional liability policies.
- Leslie Ahari has counselled and litigated on behalf of insurance clients in complex directors & officers and professional liability coverage matters arising nationwide.
- Meredith Werner represents insurers in complex disputes arising under directors and officers and other professional liability policies.
- Patrick Hofer is a nationwide trial and appellate litigator representing insurers in complex coverage disputes, specializing in issues at the intersection of insurance and corporate law.
- Gaby Richeimer litigates insurance and non-insurance matters in state and federal court, including insurance coverage and bad faith lawsuits.
James Burns, Clyde & Co Head of Americas, says: "With this latest growth we continue to make progress towards our goal of being the leading insurance coverage and defense firm in the United States. This is a significant and high-calibre group of lawyers. They provide us with a presence in two key locations and strengthen our ties with some of our largest clients and will be a terrific addition to our firm in the Americas and beyond."
Clyde & Co operates as a single global partnership and focuses on five core sectors globally: insurance, infrastructure, trade and commodities, energy and transportation. The United States is a core market for many of its clients, which include many US and international insurance carriers.
Notes to Editors:
About Clyde & Co US
Clyde & Co opened its first US office in New York in June 2006, followed by San Francisco in 2008, New Jersey 2010, Atlanta 2013, Newport Beach 2014 and Miami in 2016. With this latest expansion it will now have nearly 50 partners and 200 legal professionals nationally
About Clyde & Co
Clyde & Co is a leading, sector-focused global law firm with more than 370 partners, 2000 legal professionals and 3300 staff in over 40 offices across six continents. Its core global sectors position it at the heart of global trade and commerce: insurance, trade & commodities, energy, transport and infrastructure. With a strong emerging markets focus, the firm has doubled in size twice in the last 10 years and is one of the fastest growing law firms in the world with ambitious plans for further growth. Clyde & Co was named Law Firm of the Year 2016 by The Lawyer.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/clyde--co-launches-in-chicago-and-washington-dc-300398464.html
SOURCE Clyde & Co