CHICAGO, Feb. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group Inc. today announced its slate of candidates for its board of directors for election at the company's annual meeting to be held Wednesday, May 18, 2016.
The board of directors recommends the Class A and Class B shareholders voting together elect the following eighteen individuals to the board:
- Terrence A. Duffy, 57, Executive Chairman and President, CME Group
- Phupinder S. Gill, 55, Chief Executive Officer, CME Group
- Timothy S. Bitsberger, 56, Former Managing Director, Official Institutions FIG Coverage Group of BNP PNA
- Charles P. Carey, 62, Former Vice Chairman, CME Group; Principal of Henning & Carey Trading Company and Henning-Carey Proprietary Trading LLC
- Dennis H. Chookaszian, 72, Former Chairman, Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council; Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, CNA Insurance Companies
- Ana Dutra, 51, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Executives' Club of Chicago
- Martin J. Gepsman, 63, Independent Broker and Trader
- Larry G. Gerdes, 67, Chief Executive Officer, Pursuant Health (fka SoloHealth); General Partner of Sand Hill Financial Company and Gerdes Huff Investments
- Daniel R. Glickman, 71, Executive Director, Aspen Institute's Congressional Program; Senior Fellow, Bipartisan Policy Center, U.S. Secretary of Agriculture (1995-2001); Member of Congress, Kansas (1977-1995)
- Leo Melamed, 83, Chairman Emeritus, CME Group; Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Melamed and Associates, Inc.
- William P. Miller II, 60, CFA, Head of Asset Allocation, Sanabil, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- James E. Oliff, 67, President, FILO Corp.
- Edemir Pinto, 62, Chief Executive Officer, BM&FBOVESPA
- Alex J. Pollock, 73, Distinguished Senior Fellow and Director of Financial Systems Studies, R Street Institute; former President and Chief Executive Officer of Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago
- John F. Sandner, 74, Retired Chairman of the Board, CME Group; former Chairman, E*Trade Futures, LLC
- Terry L. Savage, 71, Nationally-Syndicated Financial Columnist and Author, President, Terry Savage Productions, Ltd.
- William R. Shepard, 69, President and Founder, Shepard International, Inc.
- Dennis A. Suskind, 73, Retired Partner, Goldman Sachs & Co.
Three (3) directors will be elected by the holders of the Class B-1 shares. The Class B-1 Nominating Committee has selected the following nominees for these positions:
- Jeffrey M. Bernacchi, 57, Independent Trader; President, JMB Trading Corp.; Managing Member, Celeritas Capital, LLC
- Michael J. Downs, 59, Independent Trader
- William W. Hobert, 52, Managing Director, WH Trading LLC
- Douglas M. Monieson, 50, Independent Trader
- Jeremy J. Perlow, 48, Independent Trader
- Howard J. Siegel, 59, Independent Trader
Two (2) directors will be elected by the holders of the Class B-2 shares. The Class B-2 Nominating Committee has selected the following nominees for these positions:
- Patrick W. Maloney, 54, Independent Floor Broker
- Ronald A. Pankau, 59, Independent Trader; Owner, J.H. Best and Sons Steel Fabricating Co.
- David J. Wescott, 58, President, Dowd Wescott Group
- James J. Zellinger, 70, Senior Vice President, Wedbush Securities Inc.
One (1) director will be elected by the holders of the Class B-3 shares. The Class B-3 Nominating Committee has selected the following nominees for this position:
- Bradley P. Cohen, 53, Independent Trader
- Elizabeth A. Cook, 55, Independent Floor Broker
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform, its trading facilities in New York and Chicago, and through its London-based CME Europe derivatives exchange. CME Group also operates one of the world's leading central counterparty clearing providers through CME Clearing and CME Clearing Europe, which offer clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded contracts and over-the-counter derivatives transactions. These products and services ensure that businesses everywhere can substantially mitigate counterparty credit risk.
CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, Globex and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are registered trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) and its products can be found at www.cmegroup.com.
SOURCE CME Group Inc.