CHICAGO, Oct. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, today announced it will host the ninth annual Global Financial Leadership Conference (GFLC) Nov. 14-16, at the Ritz-Carlton Beach Resort in Naples, Fla. The GFLC is an exclusive, invitation-only event that brings together decision-makers from the world's leading financial institutions to discuss the global investment climate and outlook, debate critical economic issues and share insights and analysis of geopolitical trends and the global financial landscape.
Keynote speakers for this year's conference include:
- Tony Blair, Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (1997-2007)
- John Boehner, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives (2011-2015)
- Gordon Brown, Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (2007-2010)
- Gary Cohn, President and Chief Operating Officer, Goldman Sachs
- Michael Phelps, 23-Time Olympic Gold Medalist
- Lawrence Summers, Director, White House National Economic Council (2009-2010); Harvard University (2001-2006); Secretary of the Treasury (1999-2001)
Additional featured speakers include:
- Erin Andrews, Sportscaster and Reporter, Fox Sports
- David Axelrod, Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama (2009-2011)
- Kobe Bryant, Five-Time NBA Champion
- Brian Forde, Director of Digital Currency, The MIT Media Lab
- Karen Hughes, Political Strategist; Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs (2005-2007)
- Derek Jeter, Five-Time World Series Champion
- Peyton Manning, Two-Time Super Bowl Winning Quarterback
- Timothy Massad, Chairman, Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Raghuram Rajan, Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (2013-2016)
- James Staten, Chief Strategist, Cloud & Enterprise Division, Microsoft
- Michael Strahan, NFL Hall of Fame and Super Bowl Champion
- Gillian Tett, U.S. Managing Editor, Financial Times
Topics of discussion will include insight and analysis of geopolitical trends and the global financial landscape, investment climate and outlook, what to expect in the first 100 days of the new presidential administration, and the future of fintech.
The full agenda for the conference can be found at http://www.gflc.com/agenda.html.
To follow GFLC coverage during and after the 2016 conference, visit CME Group's online blog, OpenMarkets, at www.openmarkets.com/. To access additional information about the conference as well as previous GFLC video, photo and press highlights, visit the conference website at www.gflc.com.
Last year's event featured speakers including: Tom Brokaw, television journalist and author; Dick Costolo, Chief Executive Officer of Twitter; Mike Duke, Chief Executive Officer of WalMart; Chuck Hagel, U.S. Secretary of Defense; Timothy Massad, Chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission; Leon Panetta, U.S. Secretary of Defense and Central Intelligence Agency Director; Nouriel Roubini, Chairman, Co-Founder, Roubini Global Economics; Terry Savage, Author and Media Commentator; Bob Schieffer, Moderator, Face the Nation, Chief Washington Correspondent, CBS News; Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor Downey Professor of State and Global Policy at USC and Former Governor, State of California; Gary White, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Water.org.
Previous GFLC events have hosted opinion leaders and luminaries such as President George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States and founder of the George W. Bush Foundation; President Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States and founder of The William J. Clinton Foundation; Hillary Rodham Clinton, 67th Secretary of State of the United States; Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group; Katie Couric, award-winning journalist and author; Gary Becker, Nobel Prize-Winning economist; Ben Bernanke, Former Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; and Paul Volcker, former chairman of Federal Reserve.
Media wishing to attend GFLC should contact Michael Shore at 312.930.2363 or at email@example.com.
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural products and metals. Around the world, CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform and its exchanges based in Chicago, New York and London. CME Group also operates one of the world's leading central counterparty clearing providers through CME Clearing and CME Clearing Europe, which offer clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded and over-the-counter derivatives. CME Group's products and services ensure that businesses around the world can effectively manage risk and achieve growth.
CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, Globex and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are registered trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) and its products can be found at www.cmegroup.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cme-group-to-host-ninth-annual-global-financial-leadership-conference-300353258.html
SOURCE CME Group