CHICAGO, Oct. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group will host the sixth annual Global Financial Leadership Conference (GFLC) Nov. 18-20, 2013, at the Ritz-Carlton Beach Resort in Naples, Florida. The GFLC is an exclusive event that brings together decision-makers from the world's leading financial institutions to discuss emerging geopolitical trends, debate critical economic issues and share perspectives on future developments in the financial marketplace.
Some of the topics to be discussed include:
- State of global affairs and the impact on financial markets
- Next steps for the U.S. Economy and where we are in recovery
- Cyber Security and how to protect from this growing global threat
- Eurozone outlook
Keynote speakers for this year's conference include:
- Hilary Rodham Clinton, 67th Secretary of State of the United States
- Michael Milken, Chairman of The Milken Institute
Additional featured speakers include:
- Gary Becker, Nobel Prize-Winning Economist
- The Rt. Hon. Gordon Brown, Former Prime Minister of the U.K.
- Aneesh Chopra, Former Chief Technology Officer of the U.S.
- Patrick Fitzgerald, Partner at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
- Gary Gensler, Chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Sal Khan, Founder of Kahn Academy and 2013 CME Group Melamed-Arditti Innovation Award Recipient
- Kevin Mandia, Founder and CEO of Mandiant
- Athanasios Orphanides, Economist and Former Member of the Governing Council of the European Central Bank
- Richard Prager, Global Head of Trading and Capital Markets, BlackRock
- Tom Ridge, Former First Secretary of U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
- Lorenzo Bini Smaghi, Economist and Former Member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank
- Jurgen Stark, Economist and Former Member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank
- Fred Tomcyck, President and CEO of TD Ameritrade
Previous GFLC events have hosted opinion leaders and luminaries such as President Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States and founder of The William J. Clinton Foundation; President George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States and Founder of the George W. Bush Foundation; Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group; Condoleezza Rice, 66th U.S. Secretary of State; Katie Couric, Award-Winning Journalist and Author; and David Gergen, CNN senior political analyst. Other featured speakers have included Karl Rove, political analyst and contributor for FOX News, Newsweek and The Wall Street Journal and former Senior Advisor and Deputy Chief of Staff during the George W. Bush administration; James Carville, American political commentator and media personality; Niall Ferguson, Economic Historian, Professor and Author; Cheng Siwei, Chairman, International Finance Forum of Beijing; Paul Tudor Jones, Founder of Tudor Investment Corporation; Michael Lewis, best-selling author of Liar's Poker, Moneyball and The Big Short; Robert Rubin, former U.S. Treasury Secretary; and Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer prize-winning author and authority on international politics, economics and energy.
To follow GFLC coverage during and after the 2013 conference, visit CME Group's online magazine and blog, OpenMarkets, at www.openmarkets.com. To access additional information about the conference as well as previous GFLC video, photo and press highlights, visit the conference website at www.gflc.com.
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform and its trading facilities in New York and Chicago. CME Group also operates CME Clearing, one of the world's leading central counterparty clearing providers, which offers clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded contracts and over-the-counter derivatives transactions. These products and services ensure that businesses everywhere can substantially mitigate counterparty credit risk.
CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, Globex and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are registered trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. KCBOT, KCBT and Kansas City Board of Trade are trademarks of The Board of Trade of Kansas City, Missouri, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) and its products can be found at www.cmegroup.com.
SOURCE CME Group